Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Portland Oregon Lte

Vzw & T-Mobile
    I have been getting pretty good speeds here in portland on vzw and they do vary from time to time, I have heard that T-Mobile has turned on LTE here and was curious what people's speeds are..

Sent from my rooted droid razr using Tapatalk 4
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Portland Oregon Lte-uploadfromtaptalk1378997637429.jpg  

Global Posts
    68 Global Posts

Default Re: Portland Oregon Lte

I live in Corvallis and vzw and everywhere I have been in the Portland area I get great LTE coverage. I am also curious of TMO as I may be switching over in November.

Sent from my Nexus 7

Generally speaking, T-Mobile's LTE speeds never cap about 10 Mbit. They don't have the network back-haul that VZW does. :/

Quote Originally Posted by Maria Esponoza View Post
    Generally speaking, T-Mobile's LTE speeds never cap about 10 Mbit. They don't have the network back-haul that VZW does. :/
    Uh... You're mistaken. Please see below.

The last 2 are HSPA (not LTE) tests breaking 10 Mbit....

Sent from my T-Mobile HTC One using AC Forums.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Portland Oregon Lte-1379084138275.jpg   Portland Oregon Lte-1379084150234.jpg   Portland Oregon Lte-1379084174545.jpg   Portland Oregon Lte-1379084192386.jpg   Portland Oregon Lte-1379084231612.jpg  

Portland Oregon Lte-1379084245747.jpg  
    Sent from my T-Mobile Note 4 using AC Forums.

She really is bro lol

Sent from my T-Mobile LG Escape using Tapatalk 2

My speeds are getting better now. Chicago westside.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Portland Oregon Lte-uploadfromtaptalk1379085645803.jpg  

Wow, Im sorry! LOL All of my friends here have horrible LTE speeds. They usually get like 6-7 on LTE. My bad!

Wow, Im sorry! LOL All of my friends here have horrible LTE speeds. They usually get like 6-7 on LTE. My bad!
    No problem. Carriers are very very location dependent. Some places a carrier can be awesome and others.. Not so much. .

How do you like T-Mobile overall? I have thought about them a few times. I just can't decide what I want to do. I have unlimited LTE on VZW right now, so I think I would be dumb to give that up... maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Almeuit View Post
    No problem. Carriers are very very location dependent. Some places a carrier can be awesome and others.. Not so much. .

How do you like T-Mobile overall? I have thought about them a few times. I just can't decide what I want to do. I have unlimited LTE on VZW right now, so I think I would be dumb to give that up... maybe?
    If u have vzw unlimited data I say keep it unless u are tired paying vzw prices.

If the price doesn't bother you hang on to that unlimited line for as long as you can. Verizon is the king of coverage for sure..

T-mobile is great... **depending highly on your area**. My area owns and has great speeds and I get coverage all over town. While traveling from Jacksonville to like Orlando I run into issues... It's like the in between major cities is where you mainly have issues.. But in them you're good.

I don't travel much and 99.5% of my time is in Jacksonville so for my needs... That's all I worry about and it's great here. Just check your area. Sensorly.com is a great resource because it's user submitted data only so.. Helps to get an idea on coverage at least.

Global Posts
    979 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7 7.1 / Tiamat 3.3.7

Ummm.. You should do some research before you post comments about T-mobiles speeds.
    I get nearly 60MB download in Honolulu. And yes T-mobile does have unlimited data.

Sent from my Coconut Wireless HTC One
    Sent from my Coconut Wireless Sony Xperia Z1S