bye big V I just cant take you anymore.

dkeven

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
Pulled the trigger yesterday, bought two s4's pre ordered gn3 all on ATT, been running ATT sim in my Ipad for three months to verify it works where I need it. Stopped in at Verizon and left mad as usual, downgraded three lines to my old dumb phones for 9.99 a month until contract expires kept unlimited contract for son on one. Will be giving ATT a run considering they just took over work contract and have wifi and cell in all the buildings, So guess my rant with them have come to an end, hope you all have a better experience.;)

DroidArmy

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
Pulled the trigger yesterday, bought two s4's pre ordered gn3 all on ATT, been running ATT sim in my Ipad for three months to verify it works where I need it. Stopped in at Verizon and left mad as usual, downgraded three lines to my old dumb phones for 9.99 a month until contract expires kept unlimited contract for son on one. Will be giving ATT a run considering they just took over work contract and have wifi and cell in all the buildings, So guess my rant with them have come to an end, hope you all have a better experience.;)
Welcome to the AT&T world! I've used AT&T for a long time now and their service is excellent. I used to be on Verizon as well, but the service representatives always aggravated me and the price was insane.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to the AT&T world! I've used AT&T for a long time now and their service is excellent. I used to be on Verizon as well, but the service representatives always aggravated me and the price was insane.

I don't think highly of any representatives but AT&T was by far the worst I've ever dealt with. I'd elaborate but its too long to do so.

Sent from my Motorola Droid Maxx using Tapatalk 4

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I don't think highly of any representatives but AT&T was by far the worst I've ever dealt with. I'd elaborate but its too long to do so.

Sent from my Motorola Droid Maxx using Tapatalk 4

I had bad experiences with att and Verizon reps as well, not sure which is the worse, but sometimes it just depends on your luck on the csr you get.

If att works good for you, great. That's the good thing about cell phone service, you have choices and competition.

Simon_y7

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
I hate to be so beholden to Verizon, but, at least several years ago, there was zero reception near my house. Back then, a friendly manager at the AT&T store loaned me his phone for half an hour to try and, by the time I drove up to my garage, there wasn't a single bar. I don't know if there is a way to test a network without actually having a phone in your hands, and I think what that manager did was very uncommon. In fact, when we moved here all of us had AT&T phones, and I had to write to a VP to be released from the contract without the penalty.

We're with US Cellular for awhile. The reception was okay, but the phone selection was terrible at the time, and so we ended up with Verizon.

Droid3r

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
Im about to kick vzw to the curb. Service in NYC MANHATTAN is horrendous. Data is 1x most of the time. I will leave unlimited data behind and port my number to tmobile. Tmobile right now have superior service in Manhattan believe or not. Just google vzw ltc nyc and you'll read the current Horror stories.

Note 3 tmobile here i come

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

johnriii

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site

I love Verizon. I have been with them for 10 plus years, and yes, have had bad experiences with a few csrs. However, for the most part, I have been ecstatic with their network, tech support, and yes, even their csrs. You may find @ ATT they have sub par customer service as well. Guess what? Bad customer service is everywhere. Find me one large corporation with perfect customer service. Good luck to you but my money stays with big red.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

cg101

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
Im about to kick vzw to the curb. Service in NYC MANHATTAN is horrendous. Data is 1x most of the time. I will leave unlimited data behind and port my number to tmobile. Tmobile right now have superior service in Manhattan believe or not. Just google vzw ltc nyc and you'll read the current Horror stories.

Note 3 tmobile here i come

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Where in Manhattan is Verizon service "horrendous"? I work right across the river and the times that i go to the City, service has been pretty good (voice or data), whether it is Downtown, Midtown or Uptown.

Tmobile, historically has been "horrendous." Though that is probably where I'd go if I lose unlimited data...

Posted via Android Central App

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Where in Manhattan is Verizon service "horrendous"? I work right across the river and the times that i go to the City, service has been pretty good (voice or data), whether it is Downtown, Midtown or Uptown.

Tmobile, historically has been "horrendous." Though that is probably where I'd go if I lose unlimited data...

Historically yes. They have changed from the horrendous rep they used to have. Just Google some speed tests for them in various areas :).

Sent from my T-Mobile HTC One using AC Forums.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
This one was entertaining. :D

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II via Tapatalk 4

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1380283512941.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1380283512941.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 43

cg101

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
Historically yes. They have changed from the horrendous rep they used to have. Just Google some speed tests for them in various areas :).

I had T-Mobile prior to going to Verizon. O-M-MotherF'ing-G, was T-Mobile crap! Everytime I would be on the phone and I passed a certain part in a certain town in Jersey, phone call would just drop. Also, I had dead zones in my home...IN MY HOME (yeah like Michael Corleone...). When I switched to Verizon, it was like breathing air after being waterboarded for a long time. Of course, I wasn't using data at the time; strictly voice.

One of my friends is a T-Mobile sales guy. He tried getting me to switch and showed me how I'd save money. He was actually correct as I ran those numbers myself. But when I told him I wasn't giving up Verizon until I was booted off unlimited data, he told me he understood. He told me that the service in the NYC area has gotten better, but it still sucks Nationwide (and I do travel.) I told him if I go back to T-Mobile, I would contact him so I'd give him commission.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I had T-Mobile prior to going to Verizon. O-M-MotherF'ing-G, was T-Mobile crap! Everytime I would be on the phone and I passed a certain part in a certain town in Jersey, phone call would just drop. Also, I had dead zones in my home...IN MY HOME (yeah like Michael Corleone...). When I switched to Verizon, it was like breathing air after being waterboarded for a long time. Of course, I wasn't using data at the time; strictly voice.

One of my friends is a T-Mobile sales guy. He tried getting me to switch and showed me how I'd save money. He was actually correct as I ran those numbers myself. But when I told him I wasn't giving up Verizon until I was booted off unlimited data, he told me he understood. He told me that the service in the NYC area has gotten better, but it still sucks Nationwide (and I do travel.) I told him if I go back to T-Mobile, I would contact him so I'd give him commission.

Had.. And as I said historically yes they were crap but they've gotten better. They were bad in Jacksonville to as I has friends with it while I was on other carriers... Now it's great.

And of course if you have unlimited on Verizon you should stay.. No reason to leave. I just can't go to Verizon because of the cost and also I'd be capped... So T-Mobile works for me. I don't travel much so really only care about my area and not the in between.

cg101

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
Had.. And as I said historically yes they were crap but they've gotten better. They were bad in Jacksonville to as I has friends with it while I was on other carriers... Now it's great.

And of course if you have unlimited on Verizon you should stay.. No reason to leave. I just can't go to Verizon because of the cost and also I'd be capped... So T-Mobile works for me. I don't travel much so really only care about my area and not the in between.

I don't think we are disagreeing with each other. I believe you when you say T-Mobile has improved. It's been about 7 years since I've left T-Mobile so I would hope improvements have been made. Still, until Verizon kills my unlimited data plan I am staying put. T-Mobile would be where I go if I needed to leave Verizon.

jrham

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Totally agree, my buddy always talks down to me about how bad his T-mobile service was 5 years ago and how great his Verizon service is now but the 2 can't be compared at all. Sure Verizon has great nation wide service but T-mobile is a totally different service than t-mobile from 5 yrs ago. I absolutely love my unlimited unthrottled LTE

Sent from my SGH-T889 using AC Forums mobile app

cg101

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
I absolutely love my unlimited unthrottled LTE

I'm assuming that you are on T-Mobile. I keep reading how T-Mobile isn't really throttling people? Did T-Mobile stop throttling, or did people like your learn a method to get that unlimited data to be useful on T-Mobile?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

Can't speak for cost, but you can still get unlimited through AoL

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I'm assuming that you are on T-Mobile. I keep reading how T-Mobile isn't really throttling people? Did T-Mobile stop throttling, or did people like your learn a method to get that unlimited data to be useful on T-Mobile?

They stopped throttling. They have 3 tiers now... 2 where they throttle one where they don't.

500MB - "unlimited data" and speeds slowed after this limit.

2.5 GB - "unlimited data" and speeds slowed after this limit.

Unlimited data - truly unlimited data with no limits and no throttle.

I am on the unlimited data tier and I am at 37 GB of usage right now (usage resets October 7th for me) and I have no throttle. :).

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Can't speak for cost, but you can still get unlimited through AoL

If you can find one and pay usually a hefty price for the line.. Sure :).

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
If you can find one and pay usually a hefty price for the line.. Sure :).

There are some listing on ebay even as of right now. Yes, it costs, but Verizon unlimited is truly unlimited in every manner of usage, including official unlimited hotspot plan and allowance of tablet with unlimited data. Verizon is the only carrier to provide those two items unlimited.

cg101

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
They stopped throttling. They have 3 tiers now... 2 where they throttle one where they don't.

500MB - "unlimited data" and speeds slowed after this limit.

2.5 GB - "unlimited data" and speeds slowed after this limit.

Unlimited data - truly unlimited data with no limits and no throttle.

I am on the unlimited data tier and I am at 37 GB of usage right now (usage resets October 7th for me) and I have no throttle. :).

Honestly, I did not know that...I went over to Tmobile and went through the motions of ordering and saw that, yes, I could get Unlimited Data on both lines for $70 each.

Question, I saw that their broadband plans are not unlimited (no surprise.) However, is it like Verizon where I can just pop in a SIM from a smartphone that had unlimited and I'd get unlimited that way? That's how I have my Jetpack set up (thanks to the FCC...) I pay $30 + 10 for that line to get unlimited data to my laptop when I'm out and about. Or does T-Mobile actually enforce their Broadband policy?

I actually prefer a separate device versus rooting/tethering my phone or paying extra for tethering...lol.