Verizon upgrade device help

fritzo81

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Ok, the weirdest thing happened when I was trying to purchase a phone through VZW's website. First off, I know already that I would lose my unlimited data plan if I use my eligible discount on a new phone from Verizon. BTW I have a work discount for monthly service only. So, I figured I'd check out their lame data share anything plans before I buy anything. From "My Verizon" page I hit upgrade my device, chose the Moto X and go to the check out page all WITHOUT seeing the option to change my unlimited plan to the share plans. Weird. I tried it multiple times. I even tried it with the iphone 5s and GS4. When I chose those phones, the data plans came up, but it gave me the option to keep unlimited data. I chatted with a sales rep and I asked her if I went ahead and bought the Moto X without changing my plan, what would happen to my unlimited data. She said Verizon would just choose a plan for me until I changed it. That sounds ***-backwards to me. Anyone else experience this? Is this too good to be true?

data.jpg

Last edited:

ashley2180

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
Just tried it and same thing happened--except it wouldn't let me continue through the process and I got an error message saying "cannot validate/select features haven't changed". Don't know why it's even listed like that...

drose0

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
I tried earlier to go thru and I've made it all the way to the pay page without a mention of losing unlimited data. In fact, in this wizard I'm not even presented with options on changing the plan (unlike OP). Very odd to me. I'm trying to figure out if anyone else has done this successfully>verizonupgrade.png

fritzo81

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I saw that same screen when ordering the Moto x. The page in my original post is what i saw when ordering the iPhone 5s. so weird. glitch maybe?

Posted via Android Central App

drose0

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
So I went in to a Verizon store and they tried but said it was forcing them to change it. I just ordered online and even in my confirmation email it shows me retaining unlimited data.

fritzo81

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
So I went in to a Verizon store and they tried but said it was forcing them to change it. I just ordered online and even in my confirmation email it shows me retaining unlimited data.

Cool! let me know how that works out. remember you have 14 days to return the phone and hopefully keep your unlimited data. good luck to ya!