Verizon extended warranty does not cover defects after manufacturers warranty?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I got this message when trying to upgrade, which seemed odd.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II via Tapatalk 4

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1380405686695.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1380405686695.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 43

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
With the payment program coming out, I would expect carriers to Jack the prices of the retail price. Cell carriers are no different then ma bell and at&t back in the day. And look, there's a familiar name back, and it's not ma bell :)

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I was always told it did so I expect that this is an error. I sure hope so otherwise I'm about to cancel that portion of my insurance.

Sent from my Motorola Droid Maxx using Tapatalk 4

mail4diop

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Did you read what it said? By declining TEC if you had a problem after the one year warranty repairs could cost as much as full retail.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Did you read what it said? By declining TEC if you had a problem after the one year warranty repairs could cost as much as full retail.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I declined TEC, but I am paying for extended warranty($1.99/mo). TEC includes extended warranty and WPP. WPP is purely insurance, and doesn't cover manufacturers defects. Extended warranty is supposed to cover manufacturers defects after the one year manufacturers warranty, but for some reason it is saying that it won't.

cg101

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
I declined TEC, but I am paying for extended warranty($1.99/mo). TEC includes extended warranty and WPP. WPP is purely insurance, and doesn't cover manufacturers defects. Extended warranty is supposed to cover manufacturers defects after the one year manufacturers warranty, but for some reason it is saying that it won't.

As I said in another thread, I just invoked extended warranty on my Droid Charge. Phone keeps rebooting, and let's face it it just sucks compared to phones out today.

I think the website is just reminding you of the fundamental difference between extended warranty and TEC, TEP, or whatever they're calling it. Extended warranty isn't insurance; if you lose the phone you are majorly SOL. The wife is always home and has (knocking on wood) never lost her phone. I have historically lost my phone (last time I lost my phone was at an Atlanta airport....thank God I had Lookout which locked and wiped my phone.) So I have always gotten TEC on my phone.

So I'd still go ahead and get Extended Warranty if you are sure your phone will never be lost or stolen. Trust me, after a year, EW is totally worth it, provided a phone is never lost or stolen. For morons like myself, I need TEC. LOL.

fofjjsr

Android4life
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
The defect it is referring to would be a user related defect. Such as results of a drop, water damage, or a software program due to an app/root situation done by the user that is not Verizon supported.

fofjjsr

Android4life
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
As I said in another thread, I just invoked extended warranty on my Droid Charge. Phone keeps rebooting, and let's face it it just sucks compared to phones out today.

I think the website is just reminding you of the fundamental difference between extended warranty and TEC, TEP, or whatever they're calling it. Extended warranty isn't insurance; if you lose the phone you are majorly SOL. The wife is always home and has (knocking on wood) never lost her phone. I have historically lost my phone (last time I lost my phone was at an Atlanta airport....thank God I had Lookout which locked and wiped my phone.) So I have always gotten TEC on my phone.

So I'd still go ahead and get Extended Warranty if you are sure your phone will never be lost or stolen. Trust me, after a year, EW is totally worth it, provided a phone is never lost or stolen. For morons like myself, I need TEC. LOL.

Pretty much what he said. During every purchase it is going to give you this message. It is reminding you of the differences between warranty and insurance options.