2 line grandfathered unlimited family plan, what happens when my 1 line gets upgraded?
My wife and I both still have grandfathered unlimited data plans under an "AC FAMILY SHAREPLAN 700". I'm still happy with my phone, but my wife hates hers and is due for an upgrade on 2/28/14. Assuming I still like my phone, and she goes for an upgrade, she's going to lose her unlimited data, which she understands. I still want to keep unlimited data as long as I can on my phone. Is her upgrading going to affect me though? I was curious if one line leaves to go to a share everything plan, if that forces the other phone on that too. Any ideas?
- 10-03-2013, 01:04 PM #2
Re: 2 line grandfathered unlimited family plan, what happens when my 1 line gets upgraded?a.k.a. RyZR from HoFo
Motorola Moto X (140.45.5.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4)
Motorola DROID Bionic (98.72.22.XT865.Verizon.en.US, Jelly Bean 4.1.2)
Google Nexus 7 (JWR66V, Jelly Bean 4.3)
What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!
- 10-04-2013, 03:14 PM #3
- 210 Posts
Re: 2 line grandfathered unlimited family plan, what happens when my 1 line gets upgraded?
Since you have a family share plan:
1) Find a Verizon flip phone that's $20 or cheaper. It doesn't even have to work (though that'd be nice); you only need a clean ESN.
2) Call Verizon and add a line with your flip phone. That line will be a month-to-month line since you brought in your own device. This is called the "dummy line."
3) Upgrade that line to the phone your wife wants. Get the cheapest data plan (2GB for $30...) [KEEP READING....]
4) When you get that phone, activate it on dummy line. When the phone is activated on the dummy line, call Verizon and tell them you want to go back to the flip phone because the wife doesn't like it. When they add the flip phone back to the dummy line, make sure that the data plan is removed and it should go back to a $9.99 plan (with tax or whatever.)
5) Take SIM Card from wife's old phone and put it on wife's new phone.
If instructions were followed correctly, you'll have a new phone with unlimited data. The dummy line will have a 2 year contract worth $240, but that's ok. Subsidized phone cost plus $240 is less than purchasing that phone at full cost.
Sprint HTC One - Having trouble unrooting my Sprint HTC One, can't find RUU image version 220.127.116.11By flpalazzojr in forum Sprint HTC OneReplies: 38Last Post: 10-23-2013, 09:25 PM
- By Daddyroid in forum General News & DiscussionReplies: 8Last Post: 10-07-2013, 08:02 PM
- By Dullahan_Lover in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 22Last Post: 10-03-2013, 06:42 PM
- By Dullahan_Lover in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 8Last Post: 10-03-2013, 11:22 AM
- By anna232323 in forum myTouch 3G SlideReplies: 0Last Post: 10-03-2013, 11:15 AM