Who here still has unlimited data?

A895

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
I have been thinking if letting my unlimited data go, and get a DROID Maxx as a birthday present to myself. I really want a new device, and the Maxx fits the bill. Anyone still has their unlimited data or gave it up to get a new phone?

Posted via Droid RAZR M on the Android Central App

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
How much data do you use? That's the biggest question. I use way to much to not have unlimited. If you use little.. Then it wouldn't hurt as bad to lose it.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

A895

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
How much data do you use? That's the biggest question. I use way to much to not have unlimited. If you use little.. Then it wouldn't hurt as bad to lose it.

Averaging 4-7GB.

DINGSTER1

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Gave mine up yesterday for 4 gigs shared. Me and my son might average a gig a month together so no biggie. The unlimited text is good for me though.

Sent from my iPad

A895

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
You could survive.. But it will most likely be more expensive.

I could make it with 6GB. I thought they were giving the 6GB to those who used to have the unlimited plan?

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I have Unlimited Data and don't plan to let it go. If ever forced go do so I'll loom into other carriers and see if they fit the bill.

Sent from my Droid Maxx using Tapatalk Pro

A895

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
I have Unlimited Data and don't plan to let it go. If ever forced go do so I'll loom into other carriers and see if they fit the bill.

How did you get your Droid Maxx?

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
How did you get your Droid Maxx?

Its a secret. ;)

I went into the store and signed my dad up for a new contract and took the phone. :D I was eligible for an upgrade before him but I opted not to do it on my line.

A895

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
I paid $700 out right on release day. Maxx is a beast in all aspects.

I'm thinking to make a separate save fund for it and buy it off contact but that could take months as I have to save up for a new laptop and tablet. *sigh* Grandfathered unlimited data plan problems. I could ask someone to get it for me as a birthday/Christmas present. I don't know I'll just save money and see.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I'm thinking to make a separate save fund for it and buy it off contact but that could take months as I have to save up for a new laptop and tablet. *sigh* Grandfathered unlimited data plan problems. I could ask someone to get it for me as a birthday/Christmas present. I don't know I'll just save money and see.

Buying off contract is worth it imo. I do it as often as possible. It's just a bunch upfront.

For my Note I did the $0 down thing since I didn't have to give up anything. Already got it down to only 300$ left that I owe (from $700) after a week. I just like owning it and if I was on Verizon unlimited I'd so pay all upfront to keep unlimited data.. I like to use my phone however I want.. Streams, music, live TV, Netflix... Or even right now downloading a 1.4 GB app... Without being like "oh crap am I near my limit? Gotta be careful so I don't owe extra $ this month"... But that's me :D.

Try and keep it!

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Verizon would have to kill me to take away my unlimited data

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1381948859418.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1381948859418.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 208

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Buying off contract is worth it imo. I do it as often as possible. It's just a bunch upfront.

For my Note I did the $0 down thing since I didn't have to give up anything. Already got it down to only 300$ left that I owe (from $700) after a week. I just like owning it and if I was on Verizon unlimited I'd so pay all upfront to keep unlimited data.. I like to use my phone however I want.. Streams, music, live TV, Netflix... Or even right now downloading a 1.4 GB app... Without being like "oh crap am I near my limit? Gotta be careful so I don't owe extra $ this month"... But that's me :D.

Try and keep it!

You could have gotten the Verizon Note 3 for around $500ish via the etf method last week

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Verizon would have to kill me to take away my unlimited data

Okay, that's over kill. There is no reason to use this much unless your downloading for torrents. I don't even use 10% of that between mobile and home connection.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
You could have gotten the Verizon Note 3 for around $500ish via the etf method last week

I don't think so. Wasn't that upgrades only? Also Verizon is more expensive than what I pay now.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Okay, that's over kill. There is no reason to use this much unless your downloading for torrents. I don't even use 10% of that between mobile and home connection.

I don't think it's his norm. My high was last month (54 GB).

I average 10-20 GB a month usually.

A895

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
I don't think it's his norm. My high was last month (54 GB).

I average 10-20 GB a month usually.

4-7GB a month us my usual. Sometimes wifi acts up and I have to use data. It could be less if I stop watching Netflix and YouTube.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781