Buy full price or upgrade second line?
Question, and options on my situation.
I have a second phone line that is eligible for an upgrade that doesn't have unlimited data, my primary line does however. No family plan here either.
Should I upgrade that second line, then move the phone to my primary account for $199 then after a month pay the $350 termination fee ($550 total) or buy a new phone for $700?
I know what the cheaper option would be but will Verizon hate me and cancel my unlimited plan if they see what I did?
- 10-18-2013, 09:38 PM #2
Re: Buy full price or upgrade second line?
If I'm understanding correctly there are two lines on two accounts.
Account 1 has unlimited data and is not eligible for an upgrade.
Account 2 has tiered data and is eligible for an upgrade.
In this case you should be able to upgrade the device on line 2, activate it on line 2 and then simply reactivate the old device right back on that line. Your contract would obviously be extended by doing this. You could then easily activate that device on your unlmited line/account with no danger to your data plan and without extending the contract on that unlimited line.
There is nothing that would compel you to keep the new device on that line, in fact it is very common for people to use an upgrade to buy a cheap device and then ebay it, while keeping their previous device. In fact, one recommendation for people not on Verizon, is to use an upgrade to get an iPhone 5s for a $99 special price, ebay it for $700-$750 and then buy a Nexus (that's why not on Verizon), pocketing the profits of $200-$350.
- By jericho375 in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 3Last Post: 10-19-2013, 04:27 AM
- By diveganesh in forum Google Nexus 5Replies: 14Last Post: 10-19-2013, 03:37 AM
- By dgprakash in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014)Replies: 9Last Post: 10-18-2013, 10:16 PM
- By adam041590 in forum AT&T Galaxy S3Replies: 3Last Post: 10-18-2013, 05:59 PM
- By jimmyf101 in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 5Last Post: 10-18-2013, 11:40 AM