Verizon Offered by 6GB for $30

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm sure that'll be the case in two years' time. I've heard of people who took advantage of the double data promotion (4GB for the price of 2GB) not being able to upgrade and keep the 4GB for the price of 2GB plan.

I can't speak for the double data promo but I was able to keep the $20 data plan when upgrading through Comcast. Best Buy didn't let me keep the plan though

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

DayThyme

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
I can't speak for the double data promo but I was able to keep the $20 data plan when upgrading through Comcast. Best Buy didn't let me keep the plan though
And since upgrading thru Comcast is upgrading thru Verizon, I think that explains it - upgrading thru the 3rd party retailers causes a problem with keeping existing grandfathered plans but upgrading thru Verizon doesn't.

DayThyme

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
Doesn't mean that it's not happening. And I'm sure you also know people who were able to keep their double data promo plans. Anecdotal evidence is anecdotal.
Sounds like it is an issue with upgrading thru the 3rd party retailers. That is easy enough to avoid, although you often times get better prices thru them. But saving $100 isn't enough for me to give up my UDP.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
And since upgrading thru Comcast is upgrading thru Verizon, I think that explains it - upgrading thru the 3rd party retailers causes a problem with keeping existing grandfathered plans but upgrading thru Verizon doesn't.

True, however it is possible to officially keep grandfathered plans (other than unlimited) through third party, by using the special Verizon activation line that third party has access to. Many won't do it though.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
What is this?

I haven't seen it myself but I heard about it on one of the forums.

The other option is to call Verizon before buying and ask if they could reinstate the plan after you upgrade.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463