I need to verify the steps for keeping unlimited data

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Alright, I just want to make sure I have this straight. I am currently on a family share with two smartphones that are grandfathered in on unlimited data.

1. Add a dumbphone line for $10 a month. (I have an old Moto flip phone)

2. Upgrade dumbphone to cheapest data plan. Is the new phone priced at on contract price?

3. Activate new smartphone on dumbphone line, then swap to my line to the unlimited.

Let me know if I have this straight, I want a Moto X so bad I can taste it.

Thanks!

Posted via Android Central App

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
In your situation, just buy the Moto X by adding the line. After activating the Moto X, move it to one of your unlimited data lines and activate a basic phone on the new line. Don't forget you would have to pay taxes and fees which generally are between $4-7 per month for the basic line.

After you finish that new line, you can transfer the upgrade from your unlimited lines to the basic line and upgrade the basic line to smartphone again, activate on the basic line then move it to your unlimited line. Then activate the basic phone back on the basic line. Repeat a third time on the second unlimited line if you want to (to sell, keep or give to me...)

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Thanks! That makes it easier. Now for the hard part, talking the Missus into it!

Posted via Android Central App

Think of win win situations. For example you can give the basic line to her parents, but keep in mind that you would be responsible for charges. What I do is I wait for a sale so the cost isn't that much, then I tell her that we can give it to one of her relatives, since they use prepaid. It is great that Verizon provides their 4GLTE smartphones factory sim unlocked.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockpaperreality36