Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Comcast is offering a $200 Visa Prepaid card when buying a Verizon phone or tablet

Saw this on SD, and called in to order another Note 3 for $200. The csr confirmed that you do not have to be a Comcast subscriber to qualify. The $200 Visa prepaid card will be sent within 4-6 weeks. It is applicable for any phone or tablet You can either call 888-972-6131 or buy online. Note if you buy online, by default, it shows "Showcase devices" make sure to select "All Devices" in the upper left if you are ordering non-Showcase devices like the Note 3, S4, etc. Deal is good until Dec 6.

Verizon Wireless with XFINITY® Triple Play from Comcast

From SD:

Free iPhone 5S (and many others) from Verizon via Comcast/Xfinity 11-30-2013 - Slickdeals.net
    Thanked by 2:

Global Posts
    7,272 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

Default Re: Comcast is offering a $200 Visa Prepaid card when buying a Verizon phone or tablet

Sweet deal. Time for some folks to pick up some G2s.
    Live long and prosper.

3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Comcast is offering a $200 Visa Prepaid card when buying a Verizon phone or tablet

Quote Originally Posted by Haalcyon View Post
    Sweet deal. Time for some folks to pick up some G2s.
    Yeah should work on any phone. Pricing is same as Verizon.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

What about the secondary EFT at Comcast?

Posted via Android Central App
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by Simon_y7 View Post
    What about the secondary EFT at Comcast?

Posted via Android Central App
    It is processed and fulfilled by Verizon. No secondary etf. I confirmed this with the csr. My receipt came directly from Verizon

Thanked by:

On hold w/ Comcast. I take it the VISA card is only through Comcast.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

On hold w/ Comcast. I take it the VISA card is only through Comcast.
    You would have to order through either the link or phone number in the op to get the $200 visa prepaid card.

PLEASE NOTE: A very sweet Comcast lady cautioned that in order to receive a $200 VISA card, the upgrade has to be processed with them by phone and NOT online through the Verizon website.

The Comcast link forwards to the Verizon website for processing, and I went through about 3/4 of the process. Before I finished, the Comcast csr came on the phone line and told me not to complete the order through VZW. She did confirm twice that there's no secondary ETF.
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,202 Global Posts

She did confirm twice that there's no secondary ETF.
    What is a secondary ETF?
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Quote Originally Posted by DayThyme View Post
    What is a secondary ETF?
    Certain third party retailers like Amazon, Walmart, Newegg, dell, Staples, Sam's Club, Radio Shack, etc charge an $400 fee in addition to the Verizon $350 etf if you cancel or make certain changes to your account within 181 days

Thanked by 2:
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,202 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dpham00 View Post
    You would have to order through either the link or phone number in the op to get the $200 visa prepaid card.
    Can Comcast transfer an upgrade from my unlimited data line to my dummy line?
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,202 Global Posts

Certain third party retailers like Amazon, Walmart, Newegg, dell, Staples, Sam's Club, Radio Shack, etc charge an $400 fee in addition to the Verizon $350 etf if you cancel or make certain changes to your account within 181 days
    But not Best Buy or Costco, correct?
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

But not Best Buy or Costco, correct?
    Correct. AFAIK, best buy and Costco are the only two third party retailers who do not have the secondary etf.

15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

Can Comcast transfer an upgrade from my unlimited data line to my dummy line?
    I couldn't find a way to do so online through Comcast. I didn't ask when I called in, doesn't hurt to ask but most likely they won't do it.

Banned

Global Posts
    1,202 Global Posts

I couldn't find a way to do so online through Comcast. I didn't ask when I called in, doesn't hurt to ask but most likely they won't do it.
    Will do. Did you upgrade using a tiered data line's upgrade?

And is the price $199 for the GNote 3 as it is on Verizon's site right now?
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,202 Global Posts

online it let me do the upgrade transfer. The site I logged into is verizon, but it looks very different from my usual verizon site. And I could tell from the URL that it was logged as me having clicked thru from comcast.
    Thanked by:
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,202 Global Posts

Called Comcast, phone rep (Erica) was insistent that you cannot get the $200 prepaid gc without ordering thru the phone. She refused to transfer the upgrade from my unlimited line even though she could do it. She tried to talk me out of unlimited. I explained to her why I wasn't going to do that.

Anyhow, I think she is bluffing about the $200 gc not being available unless you order by phone since the website clearly says order by phone or online. I read the SD thread, you get a confirmation of a $200 gc after you order online. They would open themselves to lawsuits if they don't honor that.
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #19  

Called Comcast, phone rep (Erica) was insistent that you cannot get the $200 prepaid gc without ordering thru the phone. She refused to transfer the upgrade from my unlimited line even though she could do it. She tried to talk me out of unlimited. I explained to her why I wasn't going to do that.

Anyhow, I think she is bluffing about the $200 gc not being available unless you order by phone since the website clearly says order by phone or online. I read the SD thread, you get a confirmation of a $200 gc after you order online. They would open themselves to lawsuits if they don't honor that.
    The link in the first post was clearly from Comcast, and said that you can order online or over the phone. I would think that they would have to honor online orders so long as you used the Comcast link.

20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #20  

Will do. Did you upgrade using a tiered data line's upgrade?

And is the price $199 for the GNote 3 as it is on Verizon's site right now?
    I used my $20 data plan line to upgrade. Best Buy didn't let me keep the plan when I upgraded last time, so glad that I could use the upgrade here

Banned

Global Posts
    1,202 Global Posts

The link in the first post was clearly from Comcast, and said that you can order online or over the phone. I would think that they would have to honor online orders so long as you used the Comcast link.
    I just pulled the trigger and documented each step with a print screen. I transferred my upgrade from my unlimited line to my dummy line and each step of the way it showed me that it was my dummy line being upgraded.

After I hit submit order, I was presented with a Verizon screen with my order number and a finish button on it. When I hit the finish button, a comcast screen popped up thanking me for my purchase and letting me know that I should receive my $200 VISA prepaid card within 30 days.

Yipee!!!!
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,202 Global Posts

Just got my email confirmation from Verizon showing the line that was upgraded is my dummy line!!!!
    Thanked by:

I used my $20 data plan line to upgrade. Best Buy didn't let me keep the plan when I upgraded last time, so glad that I could use the upgrade here

BTW, what is this $20 data plan? That's what I thought, too, but today I double-checked my bill, and it said $29.99 for "Email and Web unlimited." And when I upgraded my dumb line later today, it said $29.99 for 2GB.
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #24  

BTW, what is this $20 data plan? That's what I thought, too, but today I double-checked my bill, and it said $29.99 for "Email and Web unlimited." And when I upgraded my dumb line later today, it said $29.99 for 2GB.
    It was the legacy $20/300mb plan, which was offered for a short time. You can't get it now if you don't already have it.

Thanked by:
  25. Thread Author  Thread Author    #25  

online it let me do the upgrade transfer. The site I logged into is verizon, but it looks very different from my usual verizon site. And I could tell from the URL that it was logged as me having clicked thru from comcast.
    Glad it worked for you. I didn't see the button to transfer but honestly I wasn't really looking as my unlimited line is still on contract

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast