Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By dpham00
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Motorola X - Asurion

Hello All,

I was wondering about the Verizon insurance (Asurion) and their policy / procedures about transferring coverage. I scored one of the codes for an off contract Moto X on wednesday but have been hesitant to use it because I cannot find anything online about whether or not the insurance coverage through Asurion would transfer to the new X even though it is bough off-contract.

Also, does the Moto X off-contract CDMA version come with a sim-card? I only ask because I have a Droid Razr with a micro-sim and the Moto X uses a nano-sim (or so I've heard online). Or would I need to go through Verizon to get a replacement sim card?

Thanks!

P.S. If this isn't posted in the right section, please move it!

Default Re: Motorola X - Asurion

You might be able to buy a square trade insurance policy if you can't do Asurion. Do you already have Asurion on the line you would be putting the phone on? I think the coverage might stay on that line.

Another option: My folks bought 2 moto x's from Costco yesterday; they bought a square trade policy through Costco - $100 for 2 years coverage; and a $25 deductible. They had to buy the square trade policy at the time of purchase, though, so I don't know if that would work for you either.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I currently have Asurion on my Droid Razr (the line the Moto X would be going on) but I've always favored Asurion's insurance because it continues even after the 2 years is up (which is kinda important with unlimited data as I cannot just go buy a phone after the 2 years if I break it). Also since its being bought through Moto-Maker I don't know how SquareTrade would work out.

Asurion covers the active device at time of peril, regardless of where you bought it, so long as you have proof that you bought it.

To me, I would have rather gotten the g2 for $150 off contract deal earlier this week, Even though it required a bit of work

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by jasoraso View Post
    You might be able to buy a square trade insurance policy if you can't do Asurion. Do you already have Asurion on the line you would be putting the phone on? I think the coverage might stay on that line.

Another option: My folks bought 2 moto x's from Costco yesterday; they bought a square trade policy through Costco - $100 for 2 years coverage; and a $25 deductible. They had to buy the square trade policy at the time of purchase, though, so I don't know if that would work for you either.
    Just be ware that Nelson square trade didn't cover loss or theft.

6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by dpham00 View Post
    Asurion covers the active device at time of peril, regardless of where you bought it, so long as you have proof that you bought it.

To me, I would have rather gotten the g2 for $150 off contract deal earlier this week, Even though it required a bit of work

Thanks for the help! and I've never been a real fan of LG (bad experience with the envy 2). At this point I just need something new because my Droid Razr is cracked with glass actually sticking up and it isn't logical to dish out $100 for the insurance deductible just to get an old refurb when I can upgrade to a phone I like for only $350.

Also do you know where I can find that info directly from Verizon or Asurion. Not that I don't trust you or anything, I just want to have a link so if Verizon tries to give me grief I can have some evidence to prove them otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Champion1229 View Post
    Thanks for the help! and I've never been a real fan of LG (bad experience with the envy 2). At this point I just need something new because my Droid Razr is cracked with glass actually sticking up and it isn't logical to dish out $100 for the insurance deductible just to get an old refurb when I can upgrade to a phone I like for only $350.

Also do you know where I can find that info directly from Verizon or Asurion. Not that I don't trust you or anything, I just want to have a link so if Verizon tries to give me grief I can have some evidence to prove them otherwise.
    Sure, here you go

" 2. Covered PropertyCovered Property means only the mobile wireless communications equipment as follows:a. The wireless device owned by you for which: 1) the unique identification number or Mobile Equipment ID (MEI D) of such wireless device is reflected in the records of the Wireless Service Provider at the time your coverage initially became effective; and 2) for which airtime outgoing usage has been logged with the Wireless Service Provider on your account after coverage became effective; unless you have logged outgoing airtime on a different wireless phone immediately prior to the time of loss, in which case such wireless device becomes the covered property so long as: i) such wireless device is owned by you and you provide us proof of ownership and ii) airtime usage was logged on such device on your account with the Wireless Service Provider immediately prior to the time of loss."

Thanked by:

I have the same question. when I bought my HTC One I got insurance for it thru att and still paying for it. I then bought a Moto X on Amazon and got a micro sim from att. if I called to get a new phone thru insurance would they send me a HTC One or Moto X? The lady at att said whatever phone my sim card is in is protected under insurance but I'm not sure I believe her

Q10, HTC One, Nexus 7, Moto X

Quote Originally Posted by DS1331 View Post
    I have the same question. when I bought my HTC One I got insurance for it thru att and still paying for it. I then bought a Moto X on Amazon and got a micro sim from att. if I called to get a new phone thru insurance would they send me a HTC One or Moto X? The lady at att said whatever phone my sim card is in is protected under insurance but I'm not sure I believe her

Att has similar terms covers active device at time of peril. See the pdf in the link below for details. Keep in mind that if for example you bought a factory sim unlocked version, they might offer you the att version

Thanked by:
    DS1331 
    DS1331 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by dpham00 View Post
    Att has similar terms covers active device at time of peril. See the pdf in the link below for details. Keep in mind that if for example you bought a factory sim unlocked version, they might offer you the att version

oh really? that's awesome, thanks for the help I appreciate it