Verizon Insurance and Portability of Phones

DayThyme

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
I currently have the $5.18 insurance on both my GNex (on an unlimited data line) and my GNote 3 (on a 2GB data line). I want to switch the phones so that the GNote 3 is on the unlimited data line and the GNex is on the 2GB data line.

How will this affect the insurance if I do?

Also, I am going to get a Moto X next week and I want to put the Moto X on the GNex unlimited data line and leave the GNex off of any line. Will the insurance on the unlimited data line cover the Moto X?

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
It should and I know I've had friends do it. However, you may want to call Asurion and confirm so if it doesn't you don't get screwed.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Insurance will cover the active phone at time of peril.

" a. The wireless device owned by you for which: 1) the unique identification number or Mobile Equipment ID (MEI D) of such wireless device is reflected in the records of the Wireless Service Provider at the time your coverage initially became effective; and 2) for which airtime outgoing usage has been logged with the Wireless Service Provider on your account after coverage became effective; unless you have logged outgoing airtime on a different wireless phone immediately prior to the time of loss, in which case such wireless device becomes the covered property so long as: i) such wireless device is owned by you and you provide us proof of ownership and ii) airtime usage was logged on such device on your account with the Wireless Service Provider immediately prior to the time of loss"

https://totalmobileprotection.verizonwireless.com/public/terms-and-conditions

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro