1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Can i get rid of my data plan?

Wondering if i can discontinue the data plan on my smartphone? When i got my HTC ONE I lost my Unlimited data,When I got the note 3 for the wife we were offered a 6GB plan in place of the unlimited plan she lost,I screamed cause i wasn't offered that and verizon will not give me that option. So, i'm wondering if i can get rid of my data plan and only use wifi?

Default Re: Can i get rid of my data plan?

Quote Originally Posted by Bigleftyinaz View Post
    Wondering if i can discontinue the data plan on my smartphone? When i got my HTC ONE I lost my Unlimited data,When I got the note 3 for the wife we were offered a 6GB plan in place of the unlimited plan she lost,I screamed cause i wasn't offered that and verizon will not give me that option. So, i'm wondering if i can get rid of my data plan and only use wifi?
    nope - as a long as a smartphone is on the line, it MUST have a data plan associated with it.

Default Re: Can i get rid of my data plan?

Quote Originally Posted by DayThyme View Post
    nope - as a long as a smartphone is on the line, it MUST have a data plan associated with it.
    Correct. Only way to get rid of the data plan charge is to but a basic phone on the line. If you have 💊 only you can get 2 💊 for $50 on the 4gb plan, or $10 additional for each additional 2gb.

On the ipad mini, you can use hangouts to make and receive calls. So one option would be to port the numbers to Google voice.

Obviously this option isn't for everyone, but it does reduce your monthly bill.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro