Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Default Re: Bestbuy Mobile Lets me Keep Unlimited Data?

Quote Originally Posted by Droid3r View Post
    The reason you were switched back to tiered data was because the rep activated a new sim card with your new phone.. I instead opted for delivery and reused my already activated simcard(GALAXYBS III) with the new LG G2
    That's good to know. So as long as the SIM card has already been activated on another phone on the line, you didn't lose unlimited data?

Yes. If you want to avoid calling Verizon to reinstate unlimited data.. I suggest you opt for delivery and activate new phone with your old simcard yourself

sent from my humongous VZW HTC ONE MAX
    Thanked by:
    DayThyme likes this.

Global Posts
    199 Global Posts

We have a 2 phones with upgrades available on the 1400 minute plan with unlimited data. both phones are on the same plan. I went on BB.com and see what would happened if I tried upgrading through them. I attached pictures. Looking at the pictures it seems that my data would stay the same, at least that's what is shows? Would this work for my wife and I? I couldn't figure out how to order/upgrade both of our lines though on BB. I couldn't add both to the cart. Any idea how I can do this?

Best Buy Mobile lets me keep Unlimited Data Plan on Verizon?-bb1.pngBest Buy Mobile lets me keep Unlimited Data Plan on Verizon?-bb2.pngBest Buy Mobile lets me keep Unlimited Data Plan on Verizon?-bb3.png

Quote Originally Posted by drpepsi View Post
    We have a 2 phones with upgrades available on the 1400 minute plan with unlimited data. both phones are on the same plan. I went on BB.com and see what would happened if I tried upgrading through them. I attached pictures. Looking at the pictures it seems that my data would stay the same, at least that's what is shows? Would this work for my wife and I?
    If you activate the phones using the SIM cards they come with, YOU WILL BE SWITCHED OFF OF UNLIMITED DATA. It may not happen right away, but it will happen. You will be switched to a 2GB data plan.

Then you can try to argue to get it back with Verizon. Some people get it back, some don't.

Another poster mentioned that if you have a SIM card already activated on your line, if you pop it in the new phone when you activate it, you won't lose unlimited data. That poster is the first poster who has mentioned that on this forum. Whether or not it will work for anyone else, I can't say since this is the first I have heard of this.

Since the new iPhones have nano SIMs, and your current phones don't, you would need to use a SIM card cutter to cut down the Rezound SIM cards to fit the iPhone if you want to try that but you can't try that with the Droid X2 since it is a 3G phone and doesn't have an active SIM card.

But make no mistake, it doesn't matter that the best buy site says you will keep your existing plan - you will be switched off of unlimited data if you activate the new iPhones on the unlimited data lines using the SIM cards the phones come with. So do not do pickup in store - they will activate the new iPhones before they will give them to you using the SIM cards they came with AND YOU WILL LOSE UNLIMITED DATA NO MATTER WHAT THEY SAY. Verizon does that automatically in their system and Best Buy can't stop it from happening.

I couldn't figure out how to order/upgrade both of our lines though on BB. I couldn't add both to the cart. Any idea how I can do this?
    Do it one at a time then in separate orders.
    Last edited by DayThyme; 12-25-2013 at 09:59 PM.

It's strange. When I try to change mine it makes me add a data plan.

Best Buy Mobile lets me keep Unlimited Data Plan on Verizon?-sn.jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Best Buy Mobile lets me keep Unlimited Data Plan on Verizon?-sn.jpg  
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #31  

Global Posts
    173 Global Posts

That's weird. I do have a family plan, and only one phone was eligible. That could be it.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

yea I do not have a shared plan. I have an old school individual plan.

Global Posts
    199 Global Posts

I'm going to have to order my phones separately, I have a family plan, 2 phones w/ 2 upgrades, BB online makes you do one upgrade purchase at a time. Should I order the phones to my house or can order them to store and I pick them up? Either way my unlimited data will change to 2gb or whatever and I'll have to call VZW, correct?. But I'll have proof, screenshots , etc. Is that correct? I just need to know if I should get them shipped in the mail or order online and pick up at store?

I'm going to have to order my phones separately, I have a family plan, 2 phones w/ 2 upgrades,
    keep us posted. hope it all works out for you.

Global Posts
    199 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DayThyme View Post
    keep us posted. hope it all works out for you.
    sorry wrong thread, i got the phones but dont know how to activate them? this is bs.

sorry wrong thread, i got the phones but dont know how to activate them? this is bs.
    It's very odd that they let you pick up in store and they didn't insist on activating the phones. I posted on the other thread how you activate when you buy online from verizon.

Global Posts
    199 Global Posts

It's very odd that they let you pick up in store and they didn't insist on activating the phones. I posted on the other thread how you activate when you buy online from verizon.
    I didnt buy online from Verizon. I bought them at Best Buy, just got home. She said once I got home turned my phones on, they would be activated.

I didnt buy online from Verizon. I bought them at Best Buy, just got home. She said once I got home turned my phones on, they would be activated.
    well then try that.

Global Posts
    199 Global Posts

well then try that.
    I've been trying that now for the last 20 minutes.

I've been trying that now for the last 20 minutes.
    what is it doing? Did you turn both of your old phones off? The old phones must be off for the new phones to activate.

Try following the instructions I posted on the other thread where you call the 1-877 number.

what is it doing? Did you turn both of your old phones off? The old phones must be off for the new phones to activate.

Try following the instructions I posted on the other thread where you call the 1-877 number.
    Not necessarily true, I had my old phone on with the old sim and activated my new note 3 with new sim and it worked. I have done similar before leaving the old phone on while activating the new phone

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

ok well I found this number to call if you need help

Best Buy Mobile consultant at 1-877-702-2211

I have never heard best buy allowing someone to take a phone out of the store unactivated.

Global Posts
    199 Global Posts

edit: were trying to get unlimted, were at that step.

Im able to make phone calls but our iphones arent showing up on Verizon, there are no pictures.
    can you text and get data too? Can you receive calls? If you can do all of that, then the phones are activated on verizon.

I don't know what to say about the lack of pictures. That's wierd.

edit: were trying to get unlimted, were at that step.
    does that mean you were dropped down to 2GB of data?

Global Posts
    199 Global Posts

does that mean you were dropped down to 2GB of data?
    Yep, dropped down to 2gb like expected. The phones did show up on VZW, it just took a damn long time. I'm on the phone with a sup, I emailed him all my reciepts and screenshots. I'll let you know what goes on after this.

Yep, dropped down to 2gb like expected. The phones did show up on VZW, it just took a damn long time. I'm on the phone with a sup, I emailed him all my reciepts and screenshots. I'll let you know what goes on after this.
    Good luck to you! It worked for my friend IRL and the OP of this thread, so you have a shot.

Global Posts
    199 Global Posts

Good luck to you! It worked for my friend IRL and the OP of this thread, so you have a shot.
    Man, what a nightmare, LOL. I do not recommend this. I talked the initial rep, nothing was working, she had no idea what was going on so she put me through to a supervisor. I emailed him my proof. I sent him the receipt from my order from BB online. I also sent him screenshots of all the windows throughout the entire ordering process. It shows "Your data will not change", etc. It's pretty clear. No where in the process or in the screenshots does it say I need to pick a new phone plan or data plan, it said everything would stay the same.

After about an hour-hour and a half of being on hold and me complaining and what not, I was very polite as was he but I wasn't taking any crap. Long story short he told me he would forward this to a "panel" LOL. Pretty much it's a department that takes cares of issues with grandfathered plans, etc. He said he would forward all the info I emailed him and told him to them. They would decided whether or not I get unlimited and he personally will contact me with-in 72 hours. I don't know what will happen, sounds like he's trying to save his own **** but who knows.

They would decided whether or not I get unlimited and he personally will contact me with-in 72 hours. I don't know what will happen
    With my friend IRL, no one called her back and she made numerous phone calls and finally, after many calls got her unlimited back. YMMV.

sounds like he's trying to save his own **** but who knows.
    I don't think so at all. They don't have to give you back unlimited data. Period. I would not let this drag on too long. I would return the phones no later than 3 days if you don't get unlimited data back.

The bottom line is, doing it this way, either you get lucky with the first rep like the OP in this thread, or you are in for lots of work and even then you may still lose unlimited data if you don't get lucky.

I tried to stop you from going this route but you wouldn't listen to me. Adding a line is FREE as I told you over and over and over again if you sell the third iPhone. And you avoid all of this hassle.

It is way less hassle to sell an iPhone than it is to deal with Verizon. The OP obviously got lucky with a tired, over worked rep. You were not so lucky.

Global Posts
    199 Global Posts

With my friend IRL, no one called her back and she made numerous phone calls and finally, after many calls got her unlimited back. YMMV.

I don't think so at all. They don't have to give you back unlimited data. Period. I would not let this drag on too long. I would return the phones no later than 3 days if you don't get unlimited data back.

The bottom line is, doing it this way, either you get lucky with the first rep like the OP in this thread, or you are in for lots of work and even then you may still lose unlimited data if you don't get lucky.

I tried to stop you from going this route but you wouldn't listen to me. Adding a line is FREE as I told you over and over and over again if you sell the third iPhone. And you avoid all of this hassle.

It is way less hassle to sell an iPhone than it is to deal with Verizon. The OP obviously got lucky with a tired, over worked rep. You were not so lucky.
    It doesn't bother me a bit. If I don't get it in 72 hours I can just return the phones and get my upgrades back. Then I can just do the dummy method. If the BB way goes through it saved me from having at add a line which I don't need. It was only a bit of my time, plus its only phone calls. If they don't do it which I can't see them not giving in, I'll get some kind of deal out of it anyways. I just don't see them giving me the run-around, delaying me, just to call me back in 3 days to say no. He could of just said no right there. I also told him I'll escalate it more if need be. He admitted that this was a big problem and apologized for it. He said he would make no promises but would try and get it for me. And you said the op was lucky with the first person he talked to. How can a rep do it but not a sup? He said he would of if he had the authority.

Edit: But yeah if I exhausted all my resources and I just cant get it back then I'll return everything and get my upgrades. With IRL, did she talk to a sup and was told by the sup she would be called back no later that 72hrs?
    Last edited by drpepsi; 12-26-2013 at 11:12 PM.
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast