Upgrade transfer

Photon4glover

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
Okay my girlfriend is on a family plan with her (smartphone) and 2 parents (dumb phones) she wants to upgrade but isn't eligible for an upgrade for a while. Both her parents have an upgrade, I asked a Verizon rep and he said she could transfer an upgrade from dumb phone to smart phone, anyone care to chime in? I don't want them to mess up her parents plans. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Yes, you can do that. It will extend the contract on the line the upgrade is coming from, not on your girlfriend's line.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Yes it can be done at BB

BUT if her parents have an upgrade available. No need to transfer as it won't let you. They would need to use their upgrade to get a new phone. Unless I'm mistaken here?

Although it isn't needed, you can transfer the upgrade from the basic line to the smartphone line if desired. Best Buy can do it. But whether or not they are willing to is another story. Please note that if you have unlimited data, transferring the upgrade from the basic line to the unlimited line line would probably result in loss of unlimited data.

In reality, my recommendation would be to upgrade the basic lines as is. After activation on the basic line, you can simply take the sim from the old smartphone and put it into the new one. And reactivate the dumb phone back into its line.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

cnotes2019

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
I want to upgrade gf phone by resigning dumb phone contract, but keep dumb phone plan not switch to smartphone

Upgrade dun phone line to new phone and activate new phone on dumb phone line choosing a data plan. Then activate dumb phone on line blocking data on line freeing up new phone to be used on another line. And it would extend dumb phone lines contract.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance