[Instruction] How to get a new phone and keep (legacy) Unlimited Data on Verizon

pnjabimunda8

May 3, 2014
Visit site
Re: Verizon: How to keep Unlimited Data and get phone on subsidized price

Has anyone ordered a new sim card from Verizon and activated it online directly onto the new phone? My phone is arriving today and I might just have to do it this way. HELP ME

pnjabimunda8

May 3, 2014
Visit site
Re: [Instruction] How to Keep Unlimited Data on Verizon

Thanks for your help on the forums, you have to be one patient guy. :) one of the lines I can use the old SIM card, the other one has a iPhone on going to s4, so I'll have use the SIM card that comes the phone

And thanks to everyone else for your help.
Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Are you upgrading from a 3g to 4g on one?

If so DON'T USE THE NEW SIM!!! ORDER A NEW SIM FROM VERIZON OR IF YOU CAN FIND A CHEAP/FRIENDS PHONE AND GET A SIM FROM VERIZON STORE (PREFERABLY SAME SIZE AS YOU NEW PHONE) and than order the phone.

Than just follow the same steps as other(take the activated sim and put it into the new phone and enjoy)

dj1807

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site

If anyone could please advise: Here is my situation:
Line 1: UDP( upgrade available)
Line 2: 2gb plan( upgrade sept 2014)

I would like to very much keep unlimited, but also would like to wait until the note 4 comes out for that particular phone. By then both lines will have upgrades available. Is it possible to achieve this?

pnjabimunda8

May 3, 2014
Visit site

I would like to very much keep unlimited, but also would like to wait until the note 4 comes out for that particular phone. By then both lines will have upgrades available. Is it possible to achieve this?
Yes both are achievable. Upgrade by using the BB method. Note 4 is expected to be announced in September and by than you're line 2 will be up for upgrade than do the same.

dj1807

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site

Yes both are achievable. Upgrade by using the BB method. Note 4 is expected to be announced in September and by than you're line 2 will be up for upgrade than do the same.

To make sure I understand the BB method: I could just wait for the note 4 to come out and then do the following:
1. Order the phone on BB website using the UDP line
2. Make sure to chose keep existing plan
3. Have phone shipped directly to home address
4. When new phone arrives, do not turn phone on; remove the SIM from the new phone
5. Put the SIM from my current Razr Maxx in the new Note 4
6. Activate the phone by simply turning it on with the old SIM

Am I understanding this or missing anything? Also, this obviously has no impact or requires me to do anything with Line 2, the 2g line. By simply switching the SIM cards, unlimited data will be maintained?

pnjabimunda8

May 3, 2014
Visit site

To make sure I understand the BB method: I could just wait for the note 4 to come out and then do the following:
1. Order the phone on BB website using the UDP line
2. Make sure to chose keep existing plan
3. Have phone shipped directly to home address
4. When new phone arrives, do not turn phone on; remove the SIM from the new phone
5. Put the SIM from my current Razr Maxx in the new Note 4
6. Activate the phone by simply turning it on with the old SIM

Am I understanding this or missing anything? Also, this obviously has no impact or requires me to do anything with Line 2, the 2g line. By simply switching the SIM cards, unlimited data will be maintained?

You got it. You're not even touching line 2 when doing the BB method upgrade, so don't worry nothing will happen to line 2. When line 2 is up for upgrade that should be easy to do since it's a tired data line. Are you planing on using line 2 upgrade to upgrade line 1 in sep.?

Mr. Toad

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site

In September just upgrade line 2. Switch the phone to the other line. If it comes out before upgrade date. Transfer upgrade to Line 2 and get the phone. Active on line 2 the put on line 1.

dj1807

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site

You got it. You're not even touching line 2 when doing the BB method upgrade, so don't worry nothing will happen to line 2. When line 2 is up for upgrade that should be easy to do since it's a tired data line. Are you planing on using line 2 upgrade to upgrade line 1 in sep.?

My ultimate goal is to maintain UDP on line 1 with the Note 4 (currently have the Razr Maxx on that line). I would also like to be able to keep an upgrade in place for my wife on line 2 if it's possible. So, I'm just trying to figure out the best way to do that.

dj1807

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site

In September just upgrade line 2. Switch the phone to the other line. If it comes out before upgrade date. Transfer upgrade to Line 2 and get the phone. Active on line 2 the put on line 1.

So in Sept, with both line available for upgrade, you recommend upgrading line 2 with the Note 4 and then switching the phone to line 1. If I understand correctly no switching of SIM cards for this method. What happens with the upgrade for line 1? I'm wondering if there is a way to get two subsidized phones here and keep my UDP?

Mr. Toad

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
So in Sept, with both line available for upgrade, you recommend upgrading line 2 with the Note 4 and then switching the phone to line 1. If I understand correctly no switching of SIM cards for this method. What happens with the upgrade for line 1? I'm wondering if there is a way to get two subsidized phones here and keep my UDP?
Yes you can. You just need to do what I posted and was has been written about in this post.

You transfer the upgrade from unlimited line to the tiered line. When you do this only do it online. Don not go to the store or call on the phone.

First use any upgrade available on the tiered line. Once that is used, you can transfer the upgrade from the line 1 to line 2.

Verizon may eventually close this loophole. From what I read it still works. I used it 1 year, iPhone 5s, and will use it for the note 4.

cnotes2019

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
Re: Best Buy Mobile lets me keep Unlimited Data Plan on Verizon?

Is it normal that my order (ordered on Friday) hasn't shipped yet? But the money is taken out already. Estimated arrival is between July 31 and august 12. Or am I over worrying?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tweeter99

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site

I have been reading the thread and am confused as to what would be the best option for me. I want to upgrade the phone on line 2 now. The Droid X2 is a 3G phone so I don’t think I can move the SIM card over. I am also looking at upgrading Line 3 in the near future when the Iphone 6 comes out. What is the best path to follow?

FamilyShare Plan
Line 1: 2GB data plan, Iphone 5s (eligible for upgrade in Jan 2015)
Line 2: UDP, Droid X2 (eligible now for upgrade)
Line 3: UDP, Iphone 4 (eligible now for upgrade)
Line 4: UDP, Iphone 5s (eligible now for upgrade)

Thanks!

Mr. Toad

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I have been reading the thread and am confused as to what would be the best option for me. I want to upgrade the phone on line 2 now. The Droid X2 is a 3G phone so I don’t think I can move the SIM card over. I am also looking at upgrading Line 3 in the near future when the Iphone 6 comes out. What is the best path to follow?

FamilyShare Plan
Line 1: 2GB data plan, Iphone 5s (eligible for upgrade in Jan 2015)
Line 2: UDP, Droid X2 (eligible now for upgrade)
Line 3: UDP, Iphone 4 (eligible now for upgrade)
Line 4: UDP, Iphone 5s (eligible now for upgrade)

Thanks!
There are many different ways you could do this. What size SIM card will the new phone be? Do you have access to all the phones?

You could buy SIM on eBay.

You could take the 5s to verizon corporate store day you are activating it on your line and get a SIM (might have to say you bought a 3rd party line for line 1).

You could purchase a cheap used phone, get a SIM for it, sell it after you get your phone.

You could call Verizon and tell them you bought a third party phone and need a SIM.

I personally would do something with the least interaction with a person. I would use a line other then line 2 for the transfer. Less of a chance of them figuring out what you did if you have to call.

Droid3r

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
Re: Best Buy Mobile lets me keep Unlimited Data Plan on Verizon?

Is it normal that my order (ordered on Friday) hasn't shipped yet? But the money is taken out already. Estimated arrival is between July 31 and august 12. Or am I over worrying?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My phone arrived and the order was still processing online. So give it a couple of days

tweeter99

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site

There are many different ways you could do this. What size SIM card will the new phone be? Do you have access to all the phones?

Looking at an M8 or M8 mini remix (nano size?). I have access to all phones.

Thanks.

pnjabimunda8

May 3, 2014
Visit site

Yes you can. You just need to do what I posted and was has been written about in this post.

You transfer the upgrade from unlimited line to the tiered line. When you do this only do it online. Don not go to the store or call on the phone.

First use any upgrade available on the tiered line. Once that is used, you can transfer the upgrade from the line 1 to line 2.

Verizon may eventually close this loophole. From what I read it still works. I used it 1 year, iPhone 5s, and will use it for the note 4.
So from what I understand is that you can transfer upgrade from unlimited line to tiered line as long as it's done online. Also I think you can pick up from in store... is that right?

dj1807

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site

Thanks so much for your help: Provided in Sept. nothing has changed and this loophole still exists my plan will be as follows.

1. With both lines having upgrades available: Use the upgrade for line 2 to purchase the Note 4. Do you recommend ordering this online through Verizon? Or, an in store purchase?
2. Once Line 2 is upgraded with the Note 4, go online and switch the new phone to line one. (no switching of SIM cards necessary? line 1 upgrade should still be available) I also assume then you can reactivate the original line 2 phone back onto line 2.
3. When my wife (line 2 user) selects a new phone, I can then go online and transfer my line 1 upgrade over to line 2 without loosing UDP so she can also take advantage of a subsidized phone with a two year agreement.

Hopefully I have things correct here, but please advise if anything is wrong or that should be done differently.. Again I sincerely appreciate the help.

Mr. Toad

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Looking at an M8 or M8 mini remix (nano size?). I have access to all phones.

Thanks.
Nano sized like the 5s. I would order the new phone from line 3 or 4 transferring the upgrade to Line 1. When you get the Phone, throw away the SIM card that comes with it. Put the SIM from line 1 into the phone activating it. Take the 5s to verizon corporate store and get it activate it. Go home and swap SIM cards around.

Like I said there are many ways to do this. I am probably being paranoid by throwing the sim away, and you might be able to use it. The only time I believe you have to throw it away is the best buy method.

Tuningfreak

Jul 16, 2014
Visit site

My S5 is to be delivered today. Everything went the way its suppose to... the UDP line hasthe contract extended and the UDP is still there after transferring my upgrade to a tiered data line. Now as I understand it, all I have to do is unplug my UDP sim card from old phone and plug it into the S5 and Im good to go. Correct?
Another big question I have is... what do I do to get insurance on the S5???
Anybody have any input on this?

tweeter99

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site

Nano sized like the 5s. I would order the new phone from line 3 or 4 transferring the upgrade to Line 1. When you get the Phone, throw away the SIM card that comes with it. Put the SIM from line 1 into the phone activating it. Take the 5s to verizon corporate store and get it activate it. Go home and swap SIM cards around.

No issues with moving the SIM from line 1 5s (still under 2 year contract until Jan 2015) as long as the SIM remains active?

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance