Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Verizon Question, ETF Assistance?

My parents are on Sprint and I am trying to talk my dad out of it. He is still in contract but he is likes to be brand loyal.. Old people I guess :P.

Either way.. I have him and my mom on the unlimited everything except data which they are at 1 GB each. Reason being is my mom uses on average 50 MB a month and dad uses 150-200 MB average... I have their iPhones setup to auto join wifi at my house and wifi at their house when they're home. They are paying $150 before taxes.. I've looked at Verizon and they'd get a 1GB (shared) plan for $130. So my dad would save $20 a month versus Sprint and have coverage everywhere.. They also aren't heavy data users so.. It would be good. (they mainly talk and text)

My main question is does Verizon ever help with ETF fees if they transfer? I know they'd never do what T-Mobile is doing but if my parents only have like a 150 ETF think they'd help at all for the switch or pretty much no? Just curious on your guys thoughts.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
    Sent from my T-Mobile Note 4 using AC Forums.

Default Re: Verizon Question

Why not just get 2 $60 loyalty plan with unlimited talk and text and 2gb data?

Also I have never heard of Verizon paying etf.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

Global Posts
    587 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Almeuit View Post
    My main question is does Verizon ever help with ETF fees if they transfer? I know they'd never do what T-Mobile is doing but if my parents only have like a 150 ETF think they'd help at all for the switch or pretty much no? Just curious on your guys thoughts.
    I have never heard of Verizon paying your ETF to get you to switch to them. (Customer since around 1995.)
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by dpham00 View Post
    Why not just get 2 $60 loyalty plan with unlimited talk and text and 2gb data?

Also I have never heard of Verizon paying etf.

Sigh that sucks. Also isn't the loyalty only for current customers?

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 4 using AC Forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Almeuit View Post
    Sigh that sucks. Also isn't the loyalty only for current customers?

Yes, you would have to sign up for a current share everything plan. But right afterwards, your can call in and ask to be moved to the loyalty plan. Ymmv, but even people within their trial period said that they were able to get it. Even if not, since they don't need much data, the share everything plan starts at $120 for smartphones, just that the loyalty gets more data, which doesn't seem to make a difference in this situation. Keep in mind though that employee discounts do not apply to this loyalty plan, so the share everything plan may be cheaper for your parents needs if they quality for the discount. Also, no hotspot included on the loyalty plan. For a single person, the loyalty plan is very competitive, but for two people, it isn't as good of a deal.