Verizon offering a minimum $100gc for smartphone trade in

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
You will get at least $100 for any smartphone. This includes cheap prepaid smartphones. I have a few $20 prepaid smartphones to use for these promotions.

nebamyqu.jpg
evusynu4.jpg

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for posting this.. I wonder how much my parents can get :).

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

raichur0xx0rz

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
Too bad you have to pick up a new phone too haha

I wouldn't mind to just trade in a Droid Eris, but I'm not really looking to get a new phone with new ones coming in a few months =\

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Nevermind the deal sucks :(. If it was a prepaid card you could use anywhere (like the ETF payment from T-Mobile) it would be better...

Only being able spend it on Verizon things? Boo

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Nevermind the deal sucks :(. If it was a prepaid card you could use anywhere (like the ETF payment from T-Mobile) it would be better...

Only being able spend it on Verizon things? Boo

You can use it to pay your Verizon bill.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
You can use it to pay your Verizon bill.

Doesn't help for me. I was going to pay parents ETF to Sprint and take the cards for myself if they were prepaid.. Then pony up $100 for the phone for them.

Basically so they could switch without any issues and it would really only cost me $100... Since I have T-Mobile I can't use the cards.. And don't have 700$ to pony up for the parents to switch lol.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Doesn't help for me. I was going to pay parents ETF to Sprint and take the cards for myself if they were prepaid.. Then pony up $100 for the phone for them.

Basically so they could switch without any issues and it would really only cost me $100... Since I have T-Mobile I can't use the cards.. And don't have 700$ to pony up for the parents to switch lol.

Can't you just float the charges on credit card? Even if you had a high interest cc of 24%, 2 months is only $4 per line.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Can't you just float the charges on credit card? Even if you had a high interest cc of 24%, 2 months is only $4 per line.

Na that ain't worth it. They don't need it that bad. I don't like to do the typical American thing of throw stuff on credit cards and pay them off slowly... If i can help it. :)

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Na that ain't worth it. They don't need it that bad. I don't like to do the typical American thing of throw stuff on credit cards and pay them off slowly... If i can help it. :)

To me, it is not an issue to float $200 for two months. It is only an issue if you owe money and can't pay. But I understand some don't like to use cc.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
To me, it is not an issue to float $200 for two months. It is only an issue if you owe money and can't pay. But I understand some don't like to use cc.

Oh I use it for all purchases and pay it off. But it wouldn't be $200...id have to pay for their ETF fees and that's what would gouge me.

350 x2 (ETF)
99 x2 (new phones)

Alot more than just 99 x2 for new phones.. If the Verizon cards were for anything it would cover the ETF for me and I could swap them.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Oh I use it for all purchases and pay it off. But it wouldn't be $200...id have to pay for their ETF fees and that's what would gouge me.

350 x2 (ETF)
99 x2 (new phones)

Alot more than just 99 x2 for new phones.. If the Verizon cards were for anything it would cover the ETF for me and I could swap them.

So they just got brand new phones on Sprint? If so why not just return the Sprint phones?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
So they just got brand new phones on Sprint? If so why not just return the Sprint phones?

It's been about 3 months.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
It's been about 3 months.

Ah that sucks then. But I thought that Sprint etf reduces by $20 per month of service?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Ah that sucks then. But I thought that Sprint etf reduces by $20 per month of service?

Not till month 18/24 sadly.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Not till month 18/24 sadly.

Wow, that blows. Worse than Verizon etf which starts after the first month, though Verizon only decreases by $10 per month.

took2089

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
Any do the trade in? Is it good for $100 at least for any smartphone such as a droid pro or thunderbolt etc?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Any do the trade in? Is it good for $100 at least for any smartphone such as a droid pro or thunderbolt etc?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes the promotion said any smartphone, no restrictions on make our model. For those that don't have a cheap smartphone, you can buy a cheap prepaid one to qualify for this promotion

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julieharrison