Verizon: Nationwide messaging plan

huskers15

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I have unlimited data and want to switch to that plan. I am deaf and I should be able to get that plan but Verizon says I will lose unlimited data. Right now I'm paying for 450 minutes which I never use.

Since I'm grandfathered I should be able to use that plan?? Anyone familiar with this can help me out??

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using AC Forums mobile app

Last edited by a moderator:

qbot101

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
Re: Nationwide messaging plan

Huh? If you have unlimited data, there is no reason to change that. If you want unlimited texting, you can just add that. It is $20 additional for individual plans. I had it until a few months ago, where I went down to 1000 texts. You can log in to My Verizon and change to it.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

huskers15

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site

I have both unlimited texting and data with 450 minutes. I dont need 450 minutes. I am paying $90 a month when I can only pay 54.99 a month for unlimited texting and data only.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

I have both unlimited texting and data with 450 minutes. I dont need 450 minutes. I am paying $90 a month when I can only pay 54.99 a month for unlimited texting and data only.

Smartphones are limited data... Actually all of it is limited data..

There is no unlimited text and data.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

Attachments

• 1390316891718.jpg
    1390316891718.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 23

huskers15

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site

Yea I guess there is no other way around it

qbot101

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site

Oh I see. I didn't know about that plan. And you have to go to a store.

So you say bye bye to your unlimited data. You just have to decide what's better for you, no minutes or unlimited data. If keeping the data is important, just add unlimited messaging and change nothing else.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

diesteldorf

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site

I'll save you the trouble of going to the store:

When Verizon still offered Unlimited Data, back pre-July 2012:

The $54.99 Nationwide messaging plan included UNLIMITED data and Unlimited txt with no included minutes. Minutes could be used and were billed at $0.25 per minute.

After they got rid of Unlimited data for everyone, the Nationwide messaging plan was changed and was limited to 2 GB.

Obviously, if you had been put on this plan prior to July/2012, you'd be set. However, now you need to decide if it is worth paying $90 per month for your current unlimited plan, or $54.99 for the Nationwide Messaging plan for 2 GB. You'll need certain documentation to qualify for the Nationwide Messaging plan, but since you are deaf, that shouldn't be a problem.

You have a tough decision. It is easy for those on Single Line Unlimited plans, to justify paying an extra $300-$400 once in awhile to buy a phone at full retail and keep unlimited.

It would be harder to justify keeping unlimited if it meant paying the difference between $55 per month and $90 per month=$35 per month or $420 extra per year AND also having to pay full retail for your phone.

huskers15

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site

Yeah I have a lot to think about. I found out that at&t does grandfather your unlimited data with a deaf plan for $50 a month. I think I might leave for Att. You are right I can't keep spending so much money and having to pay full retail on a phone or going through different ways to get a phone.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

Just keep in mind that the only way to get unlimited data on AT&T is through assumption of liability. Also, att unlimited data is throttled after 5gb and att doesn't allow tethering with the unlimited data plan.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

bigmatt503

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
Why not just use an app that let's you text for free using your data? (text free is a good app) It won't be your normal # but it could solve your problem

Sent from my ROOTED HTC droid DNA using cyanogenMod 10.2

diesteldorf

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site

A better alternative would be if you could find someone with an old Nationwide share plan to adopt you. $29.99 + 9.99 + a portion of whatever their monthly minute/texting plan would be cheaper than $90, but you'd have to find a willing particpant with an available line.

huskers15

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site

A better alternative would be if you could find someone with an old Nationwide share plan to adopt you. $29.99 + 9.99 + a portion of whatever their monthly minute/texting plan would be cheaper than $90, but you'd have to find a willing particpant with an available line.

Yea that's what I have been searching for. I don't know anyone who has that kind of plan.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johndoe11