Like Tree3Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Verizon: Anybody order a Moto X off contract and save $70?

Just wondering how many of us vzw customers skipped out of a vzw store after being told to move to share anything and bought a motox instead from Motorola. I helped my brother in law to order one. He's been on unlimited since he was an Alltel cust. His local store would not give him a dip (deviceinstallmentplan) to continue to keep his unlimited. So we turned to buying it from Motorola. Their excuse was he had two upgrades available, therefore no reason to use dip. I'm starting to not like how pushy reps are.

sent from my Nos M7 DNA
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 01-29-2014 at 01:31 AM.

Global Posts
    6,754 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Default Re: anybody order a moto x off contract and save $70?

Quote Originally Posted by jec11718 View Post
    Just wondering how many of us vzw customers skipped out of a vzw store after being told to move to share anything and bought a motox instead from Motorola. I helped my brother in law to order one. He's been on unlimited since he was an Alltel cust. His local store would not give him a dip (deviceinstallmentplan) to continue to keep his unlimited. So we turned to buying it from Motorola. Their excuse was he had two upgrades available, therefore no reason to use dip. I'm starting to not like how pushy reps are.

sent from my Nos M7 DNA
    It's a shame that they are not allowing existing customers to keep their plans if they upgrade. I understand the business model, so I guess that's something we'll have to deal with. I'm not on Verizon (Sprint) and the recent price of the Moto X is very tempting. If the budget was there a new Moto X would definitely be on order soon (with a wood back). Hope your brother-in-law enjoys the device.
    Banned

Global Posts
    933 Global Posts

(deviceinstallmentplan)
    Isn't that what credit cards are for?

Also check out the Moto X forum there are codes for an additional $30 off the $70 off sale price.
    Banned

Global Posts
    933 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by srkmagnus View Post
    I'm not on Verizon (Sprint) and the recent price of the Moto X is very tempting. If the budget was there a new Moto X would definitely be on order soon (with a wood back).
    32GB with wood back comes to $375 + tax with the code AND motorola gives you non interest financing if you pay it off within 12 months.

16GB with wood back is $325.

Default Re: Verizon: Anybody order a Moto X off contract and save $70?

I wish I'd know about this sale prior to buying from craigslist for 320 although I did get an otterbox defender included, that I won't use.

Sent from my Moto X using Tapatalk
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

We already placed the order or I would try to get the extra30 off

sent from my Nos M7 DNA

Quote Originally Posted by mumfoau View Post
    I wish I'd know about this sale prior to buying from craigslist for 320 although I did get an otterbox defender included, that I won't use.

Sent from my Moto X using Tapatalk
    $320 isn't a horrible price if you don't mind it being used. After taxes, if you buy directly from Moto, the price can potentially go up a lot =(

I'm tempted to buy a used customized Moto X from someone but I don't need another phone and I'm hoping Moto releases a successor this year with Moto Maker again.

Quote Originally Posted by raichur0xx0rz View Post
    $320 isn't a horrible price if you don't mind it being used. After taxes, if you buy directly from Moto, the price can potentially go up a lot =(

I'm tempted to buy a used customized Moto X from someone but I don't need another phone and I'm hoping Moto releases a successor this year with Moto Maker again.
    Oh I'm not complaining at all about the price. It was $399.99 off contract at the time. Add an Otterbox and sales tax and I came off like a bandit. Haha. I have what AC rates as the best device of 2013 which was released just before the 4th quarter and I'm upgrade eligible in October '14. I'm in a great space right now. Oh and my used Moto X was/is flawless. Came with everything save for the headphones....shoot...does it even come with headphones? LOL
    Banned

Global Posts
    933 Global Posts

does it even come with headphones? LOL
    Verizon Moto X does not come with headphones. I don't know about the other carriers.

Quote Originally Posted by Cozume View Post
    Verizon Moto X does not come with headphones. I don't know about the other carriers.
    Well that makes my deal even better! Haha
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

My brother-in-law's was 350 including tax. Not bad for a custom moto x with his initials on the back and free shipping.

sent from my Nos M7 DNA

My brother-in-law's was 350 including tax. Not bad for a custom moto x with his initials on the back and free shipping.

sent from my Nos M7 DNA
    Ah....mine was just the standard all black Verizon 16GB version.
    Banned

Global Posts
    933 Global Posts

Ah....mine was just the standard all black Verizon 16GB version.
    sell it and get a custom one with the code for $299 + tax. I can PM you a code.

sell it and get a custom one with the code for $299 + tax. I can PM you a code.
    Hey thanks a ton but in the end, it's really not worth it. And honestly, the only thing I'd change about the all black Moto is making the accents royal blue.
    Last edited by mumfoau; 01-30-2014 at 03:15 PM.
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

My bro in law said that his new Moto x came with a new SIM card and that his vzw rep was not too happy when he walked in and asked for it to be activated on his unlimited acct. Lol ....he loves it so far.

sent from my Nos M7 DNA
    Banned

Global Posts
    933 Global Posts

My bro in law said that his new Moto x came with a new SIM card and that his vzw rep was not too happy when he walked in and asked for it to be activated on his unlimited acct. Lol ....he loves it so far.
    why did he go to verizon to get it activated? you can activate them at home.
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

To transfer bb contacts and pictures from his four year old curve. He didn't have the proprietary cord and I wasn't there to do it. That bb had been encased in a otterbox since day one....not one scratch or nick and the battery would only last two hours. Lol

sent from my Nos M7 DNA

I have not pulled the trigger on this yet, but am close to doing it. I'm indecisive about what phone to get. I've narrowed it down to the 32GB moto x or the htc one. I suppose I only have a few more days to take advantage of the $70 off.
    Banned

Global Posts
    933 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by squirejohnson View Post
    I suppose I only have a few more days to take advantage of the $70 off.
    It expires 2/14/14 at 11:59pm EST.

Global Posts
    321 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

It expires 2/14/14 at 11:59pm EST.
    It's been extended to 2/22: Motorola extends $70 off-contract discount on Moto X to Feb. 22