Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 12 of 12
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ShaggyKids
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Ry
    Ry is online now
    Ry's Avatar

    Posts
    7,831 Posts
    Global Posts
    7,838 Global Posts

    Default How long can Verizon stay out of the AT&T-T-Mobile price war?

    a.k.a. RyZR from HoFo
    Motorola Moto X (164.55.2.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola Moto G (173.44.20.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola DROID Bionic (98.72.22.XT865.Verizon.en.US, Jelly Bean 4.1.2)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (KTU84P, KitKat 4.4.4)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

    Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums
  2. #2  
    Golfdriver97's Avatar

    Posts
    17,077 Posts
    Global Posts
    17,429 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

    Default Re: How long can Verizon stay out of the AT&T-T-Mobile price war?

    I think it would be prudent for them to start coming to their senses. People are still strapped for cash (lol...been troubleshooting devices a lot recently I almost typed cache....) that they are trying to find ways to trim the budget. I have even known people to temporarily give up the smartphone for a few months just to loosen the collar a little.

    Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
  3. #3  

    Default Re: How long can Verizon stay out of the AT&T-T-Mobile price war?

    It would be nice if their prices would come down but don't forget they know they have the best coverage so they can basically get away with the prices they charge.

    Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
    Deb
    Save a life & make your life better.
    Adopt a rescue or shelter dog.
    murof likes this.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  
    Ry
    Ry is online now
    Ry's Avatar

    Posts
    7,831 Posts
    Global Posts
    7,838 Global Posts

    Default Re: How long can Verizon stay out of the AT&T-T-Mobile price war?

    Quote Originally Posted by Golfdriver97 View Post
    I think it would be prudent for them to start coming to their senses. People are still strapped for cash (lol...been troubleshooting devices a lot recently I almost typed cache....) that they are trying to find ways to trim the budget. I have even known people to temporarily give up the smartphone for a few months just to loosen the collar a little.
    But they aren't exactly bleeding customers and are continuing to add more quarter after quarter.
    a.k.a. RyZR from HoFo
    Motorola Moto X (164.55.2.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola Moto G (173.44.20.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola DROID Bionic (98.72.22.XT865.Verizon.en.US, Jelly Bean 4.1.2)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (KTU84P, KitKat 4.4.4)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

    Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums
  5. #5  
    Golfdriver97's Avatar

    Posts
    17,077 Posts
    Global Posts
    17,429 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

    Default Re: How long can Verizon stay out of the AT&T-T-Mobile price war?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ry View Post
    But they aren't exactly bleeding customers and are continuing to add more quarter after quarter.
    True, but this may only be the beginning.

    Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
  6. #6  
    Haalcyon's Avatar

    Posts
    5,783 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,280 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

    Default Re: How long can Verizon stay out of the AT&T-T-Mobile price war?

    I think I read somewhere that they're getting ready to jump right into the fight. That would be something as Verizon, IMO, has never not demonstrated that they needed to compete on a pricing level...which is prolly why it's taken so long. Their network is good and they seem to have demonstrated that they think their network is worth whatever they decide to charge for it. The market will tell.


    Sent from my iridium iPad Air LTE 
    Live long and prosper.


  7. #7  

    Default Re: How long can Verizon stay out of the AT&T-T-Mobile price war?

    I am not sure what you mean? Verizon's $45 plan is cheaper than attt by $15, and cheaper than the closest tmobile plan by $5, and tmobile doesn't even include subsidy on that play making the difference closer to $20. Now tmobile does offer 500mb vs 250mb, and it is 2g after that on tmobile. But for those on the low data end, Verizon is the cheapest by a bit

    Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro
  8. #8  
    Cozume's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    926 Posts
    Global Posts
    933 Global Posts

    Default Re: How long can Verizon stay out of the AT&T-T-Mobile price war?

    Quote Originally Posted by Golfdriver97 View Post
    True, but this may only be the beginning.
    I think that outside of forums like these, there are lots of people who don't have to have the latest and greatest device or unlimited data and would like ATT's new subsidized phoneless plans.
  9. #9  
    Haalcyon's Avatar

    Posts
    5,783 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,280 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

    Default Re: How long can Verizon stay out of the AT&T-T-Mobile price war?

    Quote Originally Posted by dpham00 View Post
    I am not sure what you mean? Verizon's $45 plan is cheaper than attt by $15, and cheaper than the closest tmobile plan by $5, and tmobile doesn't even include subsidy on that play making the difference closer to $20. Now tmobile does offer 500mb vs 250mb, and it is 2g after that on tmobile. But for those on the low data end, Verizon is the cheapest by a bit

    Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro
    I thought AT&T's plans started @ $45.


    Sent from my Plutonium 5s 64
    Live long and prosper.


  10. #10  

    Default Re: How long can Verizon stay out of the AT&T-T-Mobile price war?

    Quote Originally Posted by Haalcyon View Post
    I thought AT&T's plans started @ $45.


    Sent from my Plutonium 5s 64
    Att unsubsidized plan starts at $45 . Att subsidized plan starts at $60. Verizon Subsidized plan starts at $45.

    Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro
  11. #11  

    Default Re: How long can Verizon stay out of the AT&T-T-Mobile price war?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cozume View Post
    I think that outside of forums like these, there are lots of people who don't have to have the latest and greatest device or unlimited data and would like ATT's new subsidized phoneless plans.
    If it doesn't include a phone then it is unsubsidized.

    Yes, the new AT&T plan is good for families who want unsubsidized phones and can live with 10gb data.

    Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro
  12. #12  
    Cozume's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    926 Posts
    Global Posts
    933 Global Posts

    Default Re: How long can Verizon stay out of the AT&T-T-Mobile price war?

    Quote Originally Posted by dpham00 View Post
    If it doesn't include a phone then it is unsubsidized.
    ya, that is what I meant by subsidized phoneless, but I guess it was not the most clear way to phrase it, lol!

Similar Threads

  1. How fragile is the S Pen?
    By monicakm in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014)
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 04-29-2014, 10:15 AM
  2. WTS: Samsung Galaxy S4 32GB Black (AT&T)
    By mandoman28 in forum Marketplace Archive
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-17-2014, 07:23 AM
  3. Replies: 49
    Last Post: 02-11-2014, 04:07 AM
  4. Does anyone know of any Qi chargers that could fit 2 nexus 7s?
    By Devlyn16 in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2013)
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-07-2014, 07:10 AM
  5. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-04-2014, 07:33 AM

Posting Permissions