Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default will Verizon drop prices

Since ATT dropped prices yesterday I wonder if Verizon will do the same. Will they if requested by customer or automatically raise amount if data to keep customers. I understand that Europe data planes and phones are less expensive than our plans and phones

Posted via Android Central App
    Ry

Global Posts
    7,838 Global Posts

Default Re: will Verizon drop prices

Quote Originally Posted by l_t_freeman View Post
    Since ATT dropped prices yesterday I wonder if Verizon will do the same. Will they if requested by customer or automatically raise amount if data to keep customers. I understand that Europe data planes and phones are less expensive than our plans and phones

There's rumors that they have plans to but others are asking how long Verizon can hold out jumping into the price war.

Not much incentive if they're still pulling in new users.
    a.k.a. RyZR from HoFo
    Motorola Moto X (164.55.2.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola Moto G (173.44.20.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola DROID Bionic (98.72.22.XT865.Verizon.en.US, Jelly Bean 4.1.2)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (KTU84P, KitKat 4.4.4)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums

Maybe I missed it but I just clicked over to the AT&T website and didn't see any pricing that impressed me.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
    Deb
    Save a life & make your life better.
    Adopt a rescue or shelter dog.

Quote Originally Posted by ShaggyKids View Post
    Maybe I missed it but I just clicked over to the AT&T website and didn't see any pricing that impressed me.

Depends on your needs. Plans with many lines utilizing at least 10gb byop are reasonably priced. In your case though, the $60 loyalty plan for your line and $45 plan for hubby on Verizon seems to be the best fit

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by l_t_freeman View Post

Depending on your needs, Verizon's current pricing may be cheaper than att new pricing.

For me, neither the tmo note the att are any beget than what I'm paying for right now. I have 4 lines and 6 GB and pay $240. If I switch to tmo or any and factor in the cost of the phones I would have to purchase, the total would surpass my current bill

the panda has spoken

Quote Originally Posted by ShaggyKids View Post

AT&T's Regular Plans are the SAME AS VERIZON... However, Their plans are Cheaper if you use AT&T Next follow some other ways of staying WITHOUT getting a new phone with a discount.. you can get a cheaper plan

Quote Originally Posted by sierrajinx9 View Post
    AT&T's Regular Plans are the SAME AS VERIZON... However, Their plans are Cheaper if you use AT&T Next follow some other ways of staying WITHOUT getting a new phone with a discount.. you can get a cheaper plan
    It is mostly geared towards family plans, as the minimum single user plan that could take advantage of their new pricing is $115.

I don't see any Verizon plans giving you 4 smart phones with 10 gigs of data for $160. There are ways to get your own equipment.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
    Ry

Global Posts
    7,838 Global Posts

Sounds like Verizon isn't going to "drop" prices - just give you more data at the current prices.
    a.k.a. RyZR from HoFo
    Motorola Moto X (164.55.2.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola Moto G (173.44.20.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola DROID Bionic (98.72.22.XT865.Verizon.en.US, Jelly Bean 4.1.2)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (KTU84P, KitKat 4.4.4)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums

Well that's not a bad thing for me anyway.

Deb from my Note 2
    Deb
    Save a life & make your life better.
    Adopt a rescue or shelter dog.

Quote Originally Posted by Ry View Post
    Sounds like Verizon isn't going to "drop" prices - just give you more data at the current prices.
    Same thing basically.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
    Ry likes this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    933 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Almeuit View Post
    Same thing basically.
    It's the same thing only if you use the extra data they give you. Now having said that, if you are on the 500MB plan to begin with and won't use 1GB, then it doesn't help you.

But if you are on the old 1GB plan and won't use the 2GB they give you, you can drop down to the new 1GB plan and get a price reduction. Same if you are on the old 2GB plan.

Vzw is just shuffling data allotment and misleading into joining edge program RIPOFF. NO PRICE REDUCTION

HTC One MAX
    Banned

Global Posts
    933 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by trucksmoveamerica#AC View Post
    There are ways to get your own equipment.
    Right but any of the ways that are legal and result in you getting a $700 brand new phone cost, well $700. If you factor that into the equation, you need a plan to be $30 less per month for it to be worth it. Now maybe you don't want a $700 brand new phone, but I do.

Quote Originally Posted by Droid3r View Post
    Vzw is just shuffling data allotment and misleading into joining edge program RIPOFF. NO PRICE REDUCTION

HTC One MAX
    Depends on your needs. But for those already on edge on a 10gb or higher plan, their monthly cost just dropped $20 per month per line.

Smoke and mirrors

HTC One MAX
    Banned

Global Posts
    933 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Droid3r View Post
    Smoke and mirrors
    No, $20 per month per line.

Now I won't trade my UDP line for Share Everything or Edge but if you are already on it, it is a nice bonus.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Cozume View Post

Now I won't trade my UDP line for Share Everything or Edge but if you are already on it, it is a nice bonus.
    Not only that but Verizon will allow those on contract before 11/13/13 to go on edge now. You can pick up a s3 mini for $250, after 13 months you would have made up $260,so the phone would be paid off. You can also sell it if desired.

Quote Originally Posted by Cozume View Post

It might be a nice bonus to those who were duped into signing up for edge, but for most others, it's a shell game compared to the regular contract plans. the $20/month discount basically gets you about the same monthly as if you had signed up for a contract plan, depending on the phone you selected.

Quote Originally Posted by hokiesteve View Post
    It might be a nice bonus to those who were duped into signing up for edge, but for most others, it's a shell game compared to the regular contract plans. the $20/month discount basically gets you about the same monthly as if you had signed up for a contract plan, depending on the phone you selected.
    For those who signed a contract near but before 11/13/13,you could get a free 4GLTE smartphone plus $230 over 2 years.

Moving from Contract to Edge to reduce monthly bill and ETF

Quote Originally Posted by dpham00 View Post
    For those who signed a contract near but before 11/13/13,you could get a free 4GLTE smartphone plus $230 over 2 years.

Moving from Contract to Edge to reduce monthly bill and ETF - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com

So there's a way to get away with less of a fee to terminate service. I don't see how that really helps people unless they signed a contract close to the cutoff date and want to jump ship.

Verizon may be trying to sell people on Edge but it's only because most consumers are worse off on it. For most scenarios, it's still cheaper to go with a contract plan, even if you terminate early. Take the example of a single line with an iPhone 5s on a 2GB data plan:

On Contract: $200 up front for the phone, 35$ activation fee. 90$ Monthly. Total for 2 year contract: $2190. Total to terminate service: 350-10$*months of service
    New VZEdge on new More everything (more money for Verizon included) Ripoff: 0 Upfront for the phone, 0$ activation fee. 80$ Monthly for voice/text/data, 27/month for the phone payment. Total for 2 years: $2568. Total to terminate: 650-27*months of service

The fact that a spreadsheet is required to compare these plans just within Verizon's plan offerings is ludicrious. Even with more everything, VZEdge is still a ripoff.

As Droid3R said, smoke and mirrors. More everything just added some more smoke.

So there's a way to get away with less of a fee to terminate service. I don't see how that really helps people unless they signed a contract close to the cutoff date and want to jump ship.

Verizon may be trying to sell people on Edge but it's only because most consumers are worse off on it. For most scenarios, it's still cheaper to go with a contract plan, even if you terminate early. Take the example of a single line with an iPhone 5s on a 2GB data plan:

On Contract: $200 up front for the phone, 35$ activation fee. 90$ Monthly. Total for 2 year contract: $2190. Total to terminate service: 350-10$*months of service
    New VZEdge on new More everything (more money for Verizon included) Ripoff: 0 Upfront for the phone, 0$ activation fee. 80$ Monthly for voice/text/data, 27/month for the phone payment. Total for 2 years: $2568. Total to terminate: 650-27*months of service

The fact that a spreadsheet is required to compare these plans just within Verizon's plan offerings is ludicrious. Even with more everything, VZEdge is still a ripoff.

As Droid3R said, smoke and mirrors. More everything just added some more smoke.
    Those currently on contract near the cut off date can save $230 over 2 years plus get a free 4GLTE smartphone.

Quote Originally Posted by dpham00 View Post
    Those currently on contract near the cut off date can save $230 over 2 years plus get a free 4GLTE smartphone.

How does the math work out on that?

How does the math work out on that?

Sure, assuming that you signed up recently but before 11/13/13, you would probably have about 21 months left on contract. When signing up for edge, your remaining contract is forgiven.

Buy a s3 mini for $250 on edge, and your phone bill would decrease by a total of $480 over 2 years, $20/mo reduction assuming a minimum 10gb on MEP.

$480-$250=$230

So you would be saving $230 and getting a free s3 mini.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast