Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Cozume
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Banned

Global Posts
    933 Global Posts

Default Verizon: Can you change the phone number on an UDP line that you assume liability on?

I have repeatedly been told by Verizon that the answer is no. And I have been told that by regular reps as well as by AOL reps.

Has anyone ever done this?

Global Posts
    7,269 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

Default Re: Can you change the phone number on an UDP line that you assume liability on?

I'm not sure why your data plan would make any difference, but changing the phone number can be done entirely online from the MyVerizon site. You have to be the account owner or an authorized user, which if you did a legal AOL you should be.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  
    Banned

Global Posts
    933 Global Posts

Default Re: Can you change the phone number on an UDP line that you assume liability on?

Quote Originally Posted by NothingIsTrue View Post
    I'm not sure why your data plan would make any difference, but changing the phone number can be done entirely online from the MyVerizon site. You have to be the account owner or an authorized user, which if you did a legal AOL you should be.
    So you can just request a new phone number for a line online? Can you switch the new UDP line to a phone number already on your line and give your other line a new number?

Global Posts
    7,269 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

Quote Originally Posted by Cozume View Post
    So you can just request a new phone number for a line online? Can you switch the new UDP line to a phone number already on your line and give your other line a new number?
    1st part yes, 2nd part I *think* is no. I'm not aware of any way to trade data plans between lines.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  
    Banned

Global Posts
    933 Global Posts

1st part yes, 2nd part I *think* is no. I'm not aware of any way to trade data plans between lines.
    Do you get any choice in selecting a phone number for your line when you go to change it?

Global Posts
    7,269 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

Do you get any choice in selecting a phone number for your line when you go to change it?
    You can only change the area code and prefix, based on a zipcode. The last 4 digits are automatically assigned
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  
    Banned

Global Posts
    933 Global Posts

You can only change the area code and prefix, based on a zipcode. The last 4 digits are automatically assigned
    Got it!

Default Re: Verizon: Can you change the phone number on an UDP line that you assume liability on?

I was able to change the # on a udp I bought on ebay once I had it transferred over to my name. Before this I was on Verizon prepaid and they allowed me to keep my prepaid # but first I had to cancel the prepaid account. Hopefully you'll get an experienced rep, if not try again and again.

Posted via Android Central App

Got it!
    If you want a certain number you will need to call Verizon and they can change it. But doing it online has it's limits.

Sent from my HTC Droid DNA using AC Forums mobile app
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  
    Banned

Global Posts
    933 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by huskers15 View Post
    If you want a certain number you will need to call Verizon and they can change it. But doing it online has it's limits.
    I have a tiered data line that I would like to move an UDP line's phone number to. I don't care what number goes on the UDP line. Will they do that switch?
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  
    Banned

Global Posts
    933 Global Posts

I have a tiered data line that I would like to move an UDP line's phone number to. I don't care what number goes on the UDP line. Will they do that switch?
    I just called and they said they would do it. Good to know if I ever buy another UDP line.
    Darth Spock likes this.

Default Re: Verizon: Can you change the phone number on an UDP line that you assume liability on?

Did the UDP have a contract?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  
    Banned

Global Posts
    933 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by huskers15 View Post
    Did the UDP have a contract?
    My current UDP lines? Yes, they are both still under contract until the end of 2015.

That would be interesting if you could transfer your number to a UDP line.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
    Sent from my T-Mobile Note 4 using AC Forums.
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  
    Banned

Global Posts
    933 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Almeuit View Post
    That would be interesting if you could transfer your number to a UDP line.
    I think you can from what I was told. They can swap numbers on the lines.