Like Tree2Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Need guidance, "Verizon error" per customer service rep

I am new to the forum, so thanks in advance for any guidance. Sorry for the longwinded explanation.

Need guidance as well as support from anyone else that has had this problem:

I bought a Note 3 online in October the weekend of the "glitch" that allowed upgrades to keep the unlimited internet.
    I successfully bought the phone online, activated and have the confirmation with unlimited plan.
    Have continued to have unlimited on every bill since October.

Had problems with phone and internet service suddenly Sunday afternoon 2/9 while out of town.
    Got home and checked the website where I saw that someone had changed the phone on my line to a Galaxy Nexus with a 2 GB internet plan.

Called customer service and 30 minutes with the initial rep who told me that a Verizon store had changed my phone (Note 3 since October) back to an old previously used Galaxy Nexus and this put me on a 2 GB plan and that I would not be able to get the unlimited back. I was dumbfounded to find that someone had changed my account and phone without my authorization. I was under the impression that they would need your last 4 of SS# or other identifying info in order to change anything on your account. They tried to say that I had gone to a store or done this on the web myself. This is not the case.

After they realized that I did not authorize any switch of phones or change in account, the rep tried to tell that I upgraded in October and should not have had the unlimited anyway and my historical usage is nowhere near 2 GB so I didn't need unlimited. I told them that my usage has nothing to do with the fact that I had bought the phone and kept the unlimited plan during the glitch weekend in October and Verizon had said that they would honor those commitments. The unlimited plan has been on my Verizon bill continuously.

After getting a supervisor involved, he tried to tell me that someone at a Verizon store may have accidently done a change to my account.
    After I complained that no should make any changes without authorization, he then tried to tell me that I lost the unlimited plan because the computer thought the phone switch from the Note 3 to Galaxy Nexus was an upgrade leading to the lost unlimited plan. That had to be wrong because no one would possibly think that was a phone upgrade, especially as it was one of my previous used phones on my account.

After another 30 minutes with the supervisor, I got nowhere. I persistently asked him to put back the unlimited on my account. He persistently said that he couldn't and that he would fill out a form to the people who reverse actions "that are not able to be done". He was able to restore the Note 3 with internet access and phone service and said he would text me to let me know that the form when through. Time is ticking and the longer you get from the problem, the less likely anyone will be able to change the current situation. I do have their names and employee numbers but am wondering if this is a random Verizon move and am putting this out to see if anyone else has experienced this problem.

I plan to call back or perhaps try the chat function. I have to have an uninterrupted period of time to do this so I have to do this when I am not at work.
    I saw the thread on the chat function so I will need to read that one through.

Any suggestions from anyone out there?

thanks

Default Re: Need guidance, "Verizon error" per customer service rep

I'd threaten the BBB if they didn't give me it back. They told you they saw the glitch... Yet won't fix something that someone on their staff "accidentally" removed?... Yeah that's not cool at all.

That would be like me calling comcast due to starz being added and them telling me they messed up but I just need to live with it... No way.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
    Thanked by:
    Banned

Global Posts
    933 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by pch1000 View Post
    Had problems with phone and internet service suddenly Sunday afternoon 2/9 while out of town.
    Got home and checked the website where I saw that someone had changed the phone on my line to a Galaxy Nexus with a 2 GB internet plan.
    If you are less than 2 weeks out from the change, you can be changed back.

Keep calling, ask for supervisors, retention department, etc. Call and call and call if you have to. Demand out of your contract if they won't change it back since you wouldn't have renewed if it weren't for their system letting you keep your unlimited data plan.
    Thanked by:
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Update to original post:
    I have called 5 times to multiple customer service reps. The form to request that the unlimited data plan has gone thru today. The website states that my unlimited plan has been restored. I am surprised at the variety of answers that the reps gave as the the circumstances of how, why and who did all the unauthorized changes. One tried to tell me that I had gone to a Verizon store to do the upgrade. Another tried to tell me that I did it on the website. To their credit, there were a couple of reps that were very helpful-one recommended I call the fraud unit which I haven't been able to reach and the other actually gave me specific information about the unauthorized upgrade - that it was at a Verizon store and the actual order number so I could understand what happened and have actual details to verify. I am still waiting for the fraud unit to call me back. I suspect that a store rep hacked my account, did a fake upgrade to my account and gave a friend a free upgraded phone, put my old G Nex back on my account with the "upgrade" that triggered the change in unlimited data plan to a 2GB limited plan. They both would benefit- a free upgraded phone off someone else's account with the rep getting a commission on the upgrade and/or the change in data plan from unlimited to 2GB. Unfortunately, one of the reps said that they had seen this happen to other people as well. Argh.
    Banned

Global Posts
    933 Global Posts

The form to request that the unlimited data plan has gone thru today. The website states that my unlimited plan has been restored.
    Thanked by:

Congrats man I'd ask for some compensation for the headaches they have cost you.

Posted via Android Central App
    Thanked by:

Glad you got it back! .

Thanked by:
    Banned

Global Posts
    933 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by alxarambula View Post
    Congrats man I'd ask for some compensation for the headaches they have cost you.
    I would, too. You should at least get the $30 courtesy credit.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by alxarambula View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Cozume View Post
    I would, too. You should at least get the $30 courtesy credit.
    I like these ideas. You really should.. It was extra work on your part for a mistake they made.

Thanked by:

I worked for a company here in Phoenix for a couple of months before going with a private owner. There was an employee not only stealing from the register and also phones from stock but taking customer information opening dummy accounts taking those phones and selling them. When he wasn't on the schedule nothing would happen. When he worked it was a mess and I helped catch him. Its horrible that things like this happen. It took awhile for those phones to be identified. It was a serious issue. They prosecuted.

sent from either my Samsung Galaxy Note2 or my
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1
    Thanked by:
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Update to original post:
    Thanks to all for your support and replies. I finally got thru to Verizon Fraud department. The initial rep was only interested if I was having issues with global calling fraud. Next call was to a different rep who said I needed to file a police report naming Verizon Wireless and specifically stating in the report that there was identify theft and fraud. When I called the local police station, I would have to go in person to the station and they would only file a police report if Verizon Wireless provided me some written form or authenication that some identify theft was involved in order to file a report. Going round in circles-looks like I am in a catch 22. No one will "investigate" unless the other authenicates the problem. I am ready to give up but I have the info regarding the actual order and store location but Verizon doesn't seem interested or motivated to prevent others from having the same problem. Argh.

If you haven't already done so, I would suggest that you change your password. Weird that the police won't take a report.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro
    Thanked by:

When I called the local police station, I would have to go in person to the station and they would only file a police report if Verizon Wireless provided me some written form or authenication that some identify theft was involved in order to file a report.
    You ALWAYS need to go down in person to file a police report after the fact like this. You can report a crime that is occurring now by phone, but after the fact, no, you need to go in person. If someone is too debilitated to go in person, the police will send an officer out to them to take the report. But it always must be done in person because they need to verify your identity. You will have to show your ID, but anyone can file a police report. It is just that the police may not do anything about it. Lots of crack pots file police reports. And it is a crime if you file a false one, hence the need for an ID.
    Thanked by:
    Android4life

I would call back again and express your concern that your account information was changed by someone in a store you had no contact with. Honestly that is a fraud issue, and you could even ask for the fraud department. Did they say whether it was a corporate or privately owned store that made the change? That can make a huge difference because in a corporate store if someone did make a change to your account without you being their they don't take that lightly. As far as the multiple of answers, unfortunately you have 3rd party call centers that don't always have the best answers to your questions. I have a feeling the people that got it fixed for you was one of the actual Verizon call centers and not one of the out sourced 3rd party ones.
    Thanked by:
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

Thanks for your reply.
    The advice I got from many people was to keep calling back to talk to a different rep if you can't get any help and then keep asking for a supervisor. For the most part, the reps I talked to were able to give me their first name and city location but not their Verizon ID number. I called the fraud department several times and got different answers as well. I am not able to call from work and at this point, they have worn me out to the point that I am happy that my account was set back to the original settings. I am also worried about too many calls being documented on my account and having my account flagged. I did change the password as suggested but it is hard to constantly swim upstream...

Quote Originally Posted by dpham00 View Post
    If you haven't already done so, I would suggest that you change your password. Weird that the police won't take a report.

Not really. A complaint requires a complainant. The OP can give the police the info but since it's not his store he can't be the complainant the store would have to be. If the store doesn't want to file/pursue a complaint they don't have to.

Deb from my Note 3
    Deb
    Save a life & make your life better.
    Adopt a rescue or shelter dog.

What got Cozume and Knight banned? Just curious.
    Android4life

Quote Originally Posted by philosopherisdog View Post
    Oo

Big Red Note 3

Quote Originally Posted by philosopherisdog View Post
    Discussion about reasons why a member got banned is not allowed.

dpham00, Android Central Moderator