Verizon More Everything Plans

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
http://www.androidcentral.com/verizon-boost-data-allotments-cut-prices-edge-plans-tomorrow

First up are quick changes to the current Share Everything offerings — 500MB, 1GB and 2GB data tiers are being upped to 1GB, 2GB and 3GB at no additional cost. Better yet, existing Share Everything users will be automatically migrated to the higher data tiers.

For those who are taking advantage of Verizon's Edge financing plans, the smartphone access fee for data tiers less than 8GB per month is being dropped by $10, and the fee if you have over 10GB is being dropped by $20 per month. To incentivize more people over to device financing plans, Verizon will also be offering early upgrades to anyone switching to Edge until the end of March.

Verizon reportedly launching 'More Everything' plans with higher data caps, lower pices

@VZWnews just tweeted that "#More is coming," teasing an announcement for tomorrow. According to a tipster, Verizon will launch so-called More Everything plans with additional data and reduced prices for Edge customers. Plans with 8GB or less of data will be discounted $10, while those with 8 gigs or more will be reduced by $20. For those unfamiliar, Edge is Verizon's trade-in and upgrade program, which lets you pay off the cost of a phone over the course of your two-year contract.

Share Everything plans will reportedly become the new More Everything plans, and they'll get a boost in data caps in the process. Those plans will also allow for unlimited messaging anywhere in the world. Finally, More Everything plans will apparently also include 25GB of free cloud storage.

Last edited:

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Looks like a crappier version of att msv.

You won't get subsidized phones at this price, guaranteed.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
And Verizon said they wouldn't get into these wars... Knew it was a lie :).

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

Cozume

Banned
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
Doesn't do me a darn bit of good if its just for the edge plans. I don't want an edge plan.
It's not just for Edge plans the part about more data for the same price. What is just for Edge plans is the reduction in the smartphone access fee:

For those who are taking advantage of Verizon's Edge financing plans, the smartphone access fee for data tiers less than 8GB per month is being dropped by $10, and the fee if you have over 10GB is being dropped by $20 per month.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
And Verizon said they wouldn't get into these wars... Knew it was a lie :).

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

I knew it as soon as I saw the $45 plan.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Not just for Edge.

Looks like Share Everything 500MB $40, 1GB $50, and 2GB $60 are now 1GB $40, 2GB $50, 3GB $60.

Right you do get a little more data for the same price but the major discount off of smartphones is only for edge.

hokiesteve

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
Right you do get a little more data for the same price but the major discount off of smartphones is only for edge.

This is what's maddening about all of the pricing adjustments. Aside from TMobile, which has the most straightforward of them, the major carriers keep making small tweaks to their pricing through complex plan changes and business rules. It's really irritating.

Cozume

Banned
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
This is what's maddening about all of the pricing adjustments. Aside from TMobile, which has the most straightforward of them, the major carriers keep making small tweaks to their pricing through complex plan changes and business rules. It's really irritating.
they do it because they can. But the bottom line is this - the new pricing reflects that data is what is the most important in the future. So keep your old plans that overpriced talk and underpriced data.

hokiesteve

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
they do it because they can. But the bottom line is this - the new pricing reflects that data is what is the most important in the future. So keep your old plans that overpriced talk and underpriced data.

That's not what I have a complaint about. I realize data is the future. Why can't they just price it such that you pay X/line for talk and text, Y/line for a financed phone or 0 for phone paid up front, and Z for a shared data pool. What irks me is you pay these amounts for subsidized contract plans, but if you do edge then you get a discount on this, but if you buy a 10GB plus plan then you get another $10/off per line. AT&T is pulling the same crap with their plan offerings. When they introduced their shared data plans, they effectively mimiced Verizon wireless plans but with different data buckets and the per device cost varied based on what data plan you selected. Now they've muddled it even more with the new 10Gb family plan.

It's tempting to switch over to prepaid just for the simplified billing and not feeling like i'm getting screwed by a convoluted plan offering.

Cozume

Banned
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
Why can't they just price it such that you pay X/line for talk and text, Y/line for a financed phone or 0 for phone paid up front, and Z for a shared data pool.
Because it works to increase their profits to price it the way that they do. There are all kinds of data on consumer behaviors and if people think they are getting a deal, they buy more.

Did you follow what happened with JC Penny when a new exec decided that consumers wanted the kind of straight forward no games pricing you are asking for? Sales plummeted. JC Penny went back to coupons and sales.

So complain all you want but the reality is that consumer demand drives the market and vendors offer complicated pricing schemes like this because it works to drive consumer demand.

It is why things are always priced at $14.99 instead of $15. Because when you price something at $15, it sells less than if you price it at $14.99. The bottom line is the average consumer is a gullible fool and falls for sheet like that. So that is why companies do that.

T
It's tempting to switch over to prepaid just for the simplified billing and not feeling like i'm getting screwed by a convoluted plan offering.
Verizon prepaid is 3G only. It is slow as eff.

hokiesteve

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
Because it works to increase their profits to price it the way that they do. There are all kinds of data on consumer behaviors and if people think they are getting a deal, they buy more.

Did you follow what happened with JC Penny when a new exec decided that consumers wanted the kind of straight forward no games pricing you are asking for? Sales plummeted. JC Penny went back to coupons and sales.

So complain all you want but the reality is that consumer demand drives the market and vendors offer complicated pricing schemes like this because it works to drive consumer demand.

It is why things are always priced at $14.99 instead of $15. Because when you price something at $15, it sells less than if you price it at $14.99. The bottom line is the average consumer is a gullible fool and falls for sheet like that. So that is why companies do that.

Verizon prepaid is 3G only. It is slow as eff.
I wouldn't go with Verizon if I went prepaid. Probably AT&T or one of their MVNOs.

I'm not sure that the JC Penny comparison is correct nor do I think the reasoning about consumers getting a deal is correct either. No matter what plan I select with Verizon, I don't feel like I'm getting a deal. I feel like i'm getting screwed. More likely, they have some sophisticated market analysis on what they can charge for various levels of service and what the competition is offering, so it's all about their revenue.

Cozume

Banned
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
The discount for the Edge plans under 8GB of data effectively works out to a $120/yr subsidy for a smartphone.

Right, this plan is geared towards families using 10gb plus which would be a $240 discount a year.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Personally, the reduction in smartphone line access charge requiring edge is a deal breaker since you must buy full priced phones from Verizon and always must be on edge.

Att msv is way better because you can byod, and no requirement to buy full priced phone from them.

I think that this is a marketing tactic to say the have the plan

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maximusdebois