Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 59
Like Tree2Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Ry
    Ry is offline
    Ry's Avatar

    Posts
    7,196 Posts
    Global Posts
    7,203 Global Posts

    Default Verizon More Everything Plans

    http://www.androidcentral.com/verizo...plans-tomorrow

    First up are quick changes to the current Share Everything offerings — 500MB, 1GB and 2GB data tiers are being upped to 1GB, 2GB and 3GB at no additional cost. Better yet, existing Share Everything users will be automatically migrated to the higher data tiers.

    For those who are taking advantage of Verizon's Edge financing plans, the smartphone access fee for data tiers less than 8GB per month is being dropped by $10, and the fee if you have over 10GB is being dropped by $20 per month. To incentivize more people over to device financing plans, Verizon will also be offering early upgrades to anyone switching to Edge until the end of March.



    @VZWnews just tweeted that "#More is coming," teasing an announcement for tomorrow. According to a tipster, Verizon will launch so-called More Everything plans with additional data and reduced prices for Edge customers. Plans with 8GB or less of data will be discounted $10, while those with 8 gigs or more will be reduced by $20. For those unfamiliar, Edge is Verizon's trade-in and upgrade program, which lets you pay off the cost of a phone over the course of your two-year contract.

    Share Everything plans will reportedly become the new More Everything plans, and they'll get a boost in data caps in the process. Those plans will also allow for unlimited messaging anywhere in the world. Finally, More Everything plans will apparently also include 25GB of free cloud storage.
    Last edited by Ry; 02-12-2014 at 01:39 PM.
    a.k.a. RyZR from HoFo
    Motorola Moto X (164.55.2.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola Moto G (173.44.20.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola DROID Bionic (98.72.22.XT865.Verizon.en.US, Jelly Bean 4.1.2)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (KOT49H, KitKat 4.4.2)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

    Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Verizon More Everything Plans

    So this is just for Edge plans?

    Deb from my Note 2
    Deb
    Save a life & make your life better.
    Adopt a rescue or shelter dog.
  3. #3  
    cgardnervt's Avatar

    Posts
    2,671 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,048 Global Posts
    ROM
    None Yet...

    Default Re: Verizon More Everything Plans

    Quote Originally Posted by ShaggyKids View Post
    So this is just for Edge plans?

    Deb from my Note 2
    Good question!
    HTC One (ATT GSM)
    Palm Pre- > HTC Evo 3D > HTC One X (White) > Samsung Galaxy S3 (White) > HTC One (Silver)
    If any of my posts help you don't forget to thank/like it!!
  4. #4  

    Default Re: Verizon More Everything Plans

    Looks like a crappier version of att msv.

    You won't get subsidized phones at this price, guaranteed.

    Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro
  5. #5  

    Default Re: Verizon More Everything Plans

    Quote Originally Posted by cgardnervt View Post
    Good question!
    Doesn't do me a darn bit of good if its just for the edge plans. I don't want an edge plan.

    Deb from my Note 2
    Deb
    Save a life & make your life better.
    Adopt a rescue or shelter dog.
  6. #6  
    Cozume's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    926 Posts
    Global Posts
    933 Global Posts

    Default Re: Verizon More Everything Plans

    Quote Originally Posted by dpham00 View Post
    You won't get subsidized phones at this price, guaranteed.
    Not for the Edge program discount for sure.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  
    Ry
    Ry is offline
    Ry's Avatar

    Posts
    7,196 Posts
    Global Posts
    7,203 Global Posts

    Default Re: Verizon More Everything Plans

    Quote Originally Posted by ShaggyKids View Post
    So this is just for Edge plans?

    Deb from my Note 2
    Not just for Edge.

    Looks like Share Everything 500MB $40, 1GB $50, and 2GB $60 are now 1GB $40, 2GB $50, 3GB $60.
    a.k.a. RyZR from HoFo
    Motorola Moto X (164.55.2.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola Moto G (173.44.20.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola DROID Bionic (98.72.22.XT865.Verizon.en.US, Jelly Bean 4.1.2)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (KOT49H, KitKat 4.4.2)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

    Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Verizon More Everything Plans

    And Verizon said they wouldn't get into these wars... Knew it was a lie .

    Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
  9. #9  
    Cozume's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    926 Posts
    Global Posts
    933 Global Posts

    Default Re: Verizon More Everything Plans

    Quote Originally Posted by ShaggyKids View Post
    Doesn't do me a darn bit of good if its just for the edge plans. I don't want an edge plan.
    It's not just for Edge plans the part about more data for the same price. What is just for Edge plans is the reduction in the smartphone access fee:

    For those who are taking advantage of Verizon's Edge financing plans, the smartphone access fee for data tiers less than 8GB per month is being dropped by $10, and the fee if you have over 10GB is being dropped by $20 per month.
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Verizon More Everything Plans

    Quote Originally Posted by Almeuit View Post
    And Verizon said they wouldn't get into these wars... Knew it was a lie .

    Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
    I knew it as soon as I saw the $45 plan.

    Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro
  11. #11  

    Default Re: Verizon More Everything Plans

    Quote Originally Posted by Ry View Post
    Not just for Edge.

    Looks like Share Everything 500MB $40, 1GB $50, and 2GB $60 are now 1GB $40, 2GB $50, 3GB $60.
    Right you do get a little more data for the same price but the major discount off of smartphones is only for edge.

    Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro
  12. #12  

    Default Re: Verizon More Everything Plans

    Quote Originally Posted by dpham00 View Post
    Right you do get a little more data for the same price but the major discount off of smartphones is only for edge.

    Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro
    This is what's maddening about all of the pricing adjustments. Aside from TMobile, which has the most straightforward of them, the major carriers keep making small tweaks to their pricing through complex plan changes and business rules. It's really irritating.
    Thanked by:
  13. #13  
    Cozume's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    926 Posts
    Global Posts
    933 Global Posts

    Default Re: Verizon More Everything Plans

    Quote Originally Posted by hokiesteve View Post
    This is what's maddening about all of the pricing adjustments. Aside from TMobile, which has the most straightforward of them, the major carriers keep making small tweaks to their pricing through complex plan changes and business rules. It's really irritating.
    they do it because they can. But the bottom line is this - the new pricing reflects that data is what is the most important in the future. So keep your old plans that overpriced talk and underpriced data.
  14. #14  
    Cozume's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    926 Posts
    Global Posts
    933 Global Posts

    Default Re: Verizon More Everything Plans

    Quote Originally Posted by dpham00 View Post
    Right you do get a little more data for the same price but the major discount off of smartphones is only for edge.
    The discount for the Edge plans under 8GB of data effectively works out to a $120/yr subsidy for a smartphone.
  15. #15  

    Default Re: Verizon More Everything Plans

    Quote Originally Posted by Cozume View Post
    they do it because they can. But the bottom line is this - the new pricing reflects that data is what is the most important in the future. So keep your old plans that overpriced talk and underpriced data.
    That's not what I have a complaint about. I realize data is the future. Why can't they just price it such that you pay X/line for talk and text, Y/line for a financed phone or 0 for phone paid up front, and Z for a shared data pool. What irks me is you pay these amounts for subsidized contract plans, but if you do edge then you get a discount on this, but if you buy a 10GB plus plan then you get another $10/off per line. AT&T is pulling the same crap with their plan offerings. When they introduced their shared data plans, they effectively mimiced Verizon wireless plans but with different data buckets and the per device cost varied based on what data plan you selected. Now they've muddled it even more with the new 10Gb family plan.

    It's tempting to switch over to prepaid just for the simplified billing and not feeling like i'm getting screwed by a convoluted plan offering.
  16. #16  
    Cozume's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    926 Posts
    Global Posts
    933 Global Posts

    Default Re: Verizon More Everything Plans

    Quote Originally Posted by hokiesteve View Post
    Why can't they just price it such that you pay X/line for talk and text, Y/line for a financed phone or 0 for phone paid up front, and Z for a shared data pool.
    Because it works to increase their profits to price it the way that they do. There are all kinds of data on consumer behaviors and if people think they are getting a deal, they buy more.

    Did you follow what happened with JC Penny when a new exec decided that consumers wanted the kind of straight forward no games pricing you are asking for? Sales plummeted. JC Penny went back to coupons and sales.

    So complain all you want but the reality is that consumer demand drives the market and vendors offer complicated pricing schemes like this because it works to drive consumer demand.

    It is why things are always priced at $14.99 instead of $15. Because when you price something at $15, it sells less than if you price it at $14.99. The bottom line is the average consumer is a gullible fool and falls for sheet like that. So that is why companies do that.


    Quote Originally Posted by hokiesteve View Post
    T
    It's tempting to switch over to prepaid just for the simplified billing and not feeling like i'm getting screwed by a convoluted plan offering.
    Verizon prepaid is 3G only. It is slow as eff.
  17. #17  

    Default Re: Verizon More Everything Plans

    Quote Originally Posted by Cozume View Post
    Because it works to increase their profits to price it the way that they do. There are all kinds of data on consumer behaviors and if people think they are getting a deal, they buy more.

    Did you follow what happened with JC Penny when a new exec decided that consumers wanted the kind of straight forward no games pricing you are asking for? Sales plummeted. JC Penny went back to coupons and sales.

    So complain all you want but the reality is that consumer demand drives the market and vendors offer complicated pricing schemes like this because it works to drive consumer demand.

    It is why things are always priced at $14.99 instead of $15. Because when you price something at $15, it sells less than if you price it at $14.99. The bottom line is the average consumer is a gullible fool and falls for sheet like that. So that is why companies do that.


    Verizon prepaid is 3G only. It is slow as eff.
    I wouldn't go with Verizon if I went prepaid. Probably AT&T or one of their MVNOs.

    I'm not sure that the JC Penny comparison is correct nor do I think the reasoning about consumers getting a deal is correct either. No matter what plan I select with Verizon, I don't feel like I'm getting a deal. I feel like i'm getting screwed. More likely, they have some sophisticated market analysis on what they can charge for various levels of service and what the competition is offering, so it's all about their revenue.
  18. #18  
    Cozume's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    926 Posts
    Global Posts
    933 Global Posts

    Default Re: Verizon More Everything Plans

    Quote Originally Posted by hokiesteve View Post
    I'm not sure that the JC Penny comparison is correct
    It is correct. Google it.


    Quote Originally Posted by hokiesteve View Post
    nor do I think the reasoning about consumers getting a deal is correct either.
    This isn't a matter of opinion. There is actual data on this.


    Quote Originally Posted by hokiesteve View Post
    No matter what plan I select with Verizon, I don't feel like I'm getting a deal. I feel like i'm getting screwed.
    Then leave.
  19. #19  

    Default Re: Verizon More Everything Plans

    Quote Originally Posted by Cozume View Post
    The discount for the Edge plans under 8GB of data effectively works out to a $120/yr subsidy for a smartphone.
    Right, this plan is geared towards families using 10gb plus which would be a $240 discount a year.

    Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro
  20. #20  

    Default Re: Verizon More Everything Plans

    Personally, the reduction in smartphone line access charge requiring edge is a deal breaker since you must buy full priced phones from Verizon and always must be on edge.


    Att msv is way better because you can byod, and no requirement to buy full priced phone from them.


    I think that this is a marketing tactic to say the have the plan

    Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro
  21. #21  

    Default Re: Verizon More Everything Plans

    Quote Originally Posted by Cozume View Post
    It is correct. Google it.

    This isn't a matter of opinion. There is actual data on this.
    Frankly, this is a matter of opinion. I know what happened with JCPenny, but I disagree with the idea that Verizon's pricing is set to make you feel like you're getting a deal. They aren't exactly offering coupons or promotions all the time on their monthly plans. This price change is not promotional but rather a half-hearted shot in the pricing war T-Mobile started.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cozume View Post
    Then leave.
    Why would I do that? They have the best coverage and reliability and that's what works best for my family at the moment, but I realize I'm getting raked over the coals for it. There's no deal about it. It's a premium price for the best product, but that'll only hold up as long as the other guys are still way behind them
  22. #22  

    Default Re: Verizon More Everything Plans

    Quote Originally Posted by dpham00 View Post
    Personally, the reduction in smartphone line access charge requiring edge is a deal breaker since you must buy full priced phones from Verizon and always must be on edge.


    Att msv is way better because you can byod, and no requirement to buy full priced phone from them.


    I think that this is a marketing tactic to say the have the plan

    Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro
    I think you're right on that. It's really more of a shell game and not much of a price difference from the subsidized plan.
  23. #23  
    Cozume's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    926 Posts
    Global Posts
    933 Global Posts

    Default Re: Verizon More Everything Plans

    Quote Originally Posted by hokiesteve View Post
    Frankly, this is a matter of opinion. I know what happened with JCPenny, but I disagree with the idea that Verizon's pricing is set to make you feel like you're getting a deal. They aren't exactly offering coupons or promotions all the time on their monthly plans. This price change is not promotional but rather a half-hearted shot in the pricing war T-Mobile started.
    Go back to your original post. You asked why their pricing can't be straight forward. Here is the answer - because consumers don't respond well to straightforward pricing. JC Penny is just the most recent example of that.

    If you want to blame anyone, blame the consumer. Companies do this because consumers respond to it.

    It is like all the people who complain about negative campaign ads and then go out and vote for the people who ran the negative ads. Politicians run negative campaign ads because they work to get them votes. It is the voters you need to complain about.

    Same thing - companies do what works on joe average idjut and politicians do what works on joe average idjut.

    The problem is that the world is filled with joe average idjuts. The companies aren't the idjuts. They are smart and price things in a way that consumers respond to.


    Quote Originally Posted by hokiesteve View Post
    Why would I do that?
    Clearly pricing doesn't matter to you. You are staying with Verizon for reasons other than pricing. And Verizon knows there is this segment of the market. So they can get away with all kinds of pricing games and you will still stay. So you asked why they do this. The answer is because they can.
  24. #24  
    NJD_fan's Avatar

    Posts
    16 Posts
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts

    Default Re: Verizon More Everything Plans

    Why i'm not sure what to do.

    I have no interest in Edge as I keep my phones for the full contract, don't need a new one after 6 months or whatever. Another way for Verizon to milk customers and that's so expensive.

    If I can get share more but 6gb as I was grandfathered in to unlimited data, maybe. I have a good discount through work but am also considering switching to T-Mobile for their udp & unlimited minutes.
  25. #25  

    Default Re: Verizon More Everything Plans

    It sounds extremely confusing when you are looking at the changes to the existing plans. I'm sure once they post up a table on their site with pricing, it won't be this confusing.

    It'll be just as it is now: $__ for __GB of data on Share Everything. $__ for __GB of data on More Everything. $__ access fee for Basic on Edge, $__ for Smartphone on Edge.

    Then people just add up the numbers and compare to their existing plan, if they were thinking of changing from legacy plans or switching to Edge. It's just confusing now since we're just reading these "If... Then..." statements about what you were getting vs. what you will get...

    I dunno, I'm confusing myself at this point.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-16-2014, 08:20 AM
  2. Verizon HTC One, as new
    By MikeLip in forum Sold / Archived Marketplace Threads
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-20-2014, 06:37 PM
  3. Verizon Note 2: Anyway yet to get a hot spot since update?
    By mgftp in forum Verizon Galaxy Note 2
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-18-2014, 09:29 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-12-2014, 11:40 AM
  5. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-11-2014, 11:09 PM

Posting Permissions

B