Verizon Smart Rewards

jova33

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Have you seen this crap?
Ok, first you have to opt in to them collecting your info for targeted advertising.
And,
Your Information is Safe with us
Rest assured, we don't share information that identifies you personally outside of Verizon and you can change your mind anytime.
Ok... so we're pretending the whole NSA thing didn't happen...

Anyway, I opted in just so I could see it. You get "points", 10 for every dollar you spent on your bill and so on. These points you can spend on auctions.
Some of the auctions you get the product for free, others for a discounted price. There's no way to set your max bid, and if someone bids in the last ten seconds, the timer resets.
You can also use your points to purchase items for a discounted price. Instead of paying $250 for Beats by Dre headphones, you spend 8,000 points and get them for $200.
It was really really stupid. So when to opt out, and there's a five day wait....

Sent from your mom's smartphone

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
This looks interesting but sucks only available in certain states.
Verizon Smart Rewards is available in the following areas at this time:

Arkansas
Ohio
Oklahoma
Oregon
Washington
Northern Idaho
Northern Mississippi
Western Tennessee

Sent from Bad Azz VZW LG G2 Cyan Tapatalk

jova33

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Well the auctions are impossible to win unless you're watching when the timer gets down to 10 seconds. And opting in to allow Verizon to monitor my usage so they can send me targeted advertisements seems sketchy.

Sent from your mom's smartphone

T1geRKat086

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
What exactly is "sketchy" about that? They seem rather straight forward. Hey ads, and tailored ads. We will be monitoring and collecting usage just soo you know...k thnx bye.

Advertising...it's a big deal.

sierrajinx9

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
AS long as these "Targeted Ad's" Don't arrive as Picture or Text Message's... Who Cares.... If you are not doing anything wrong... Who care's if they are watching my stuff

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz