Moving from Sprint to Verizon this Weekend, Need Advice

bobojay

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
Going to bust a Sprint contract 10 months early to switch to Verizon in a few days. Anybody got any ideas on saving some of that ETF money so I don't have to pay all the $200.00?
Service has been OK so I can't really use that excuse. Don't know what else is out there......

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Go to the BBB.. Complain. Hope it works.

If it doesn't? Pay the ETF and move on. I've paid two so far for carrier hops.. If it means enough to you you'll pay it and move on :).

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

bobojay

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
Go to the BBB.. Complain. Hope it works.

If it doesn't? Pay the ETF and move on. I've paid two so far for carrier hops.. If it means enough to you you'll pay it and move on :).

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

Yeah, I know. I paid an ETF 4 years ago to AT&T, ($40.00), to go to Sprint. Just grasping at straws.....

Cozume

Banned
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
Going to bust a Sprint contract 10 months early to switch to Verizon in a few days. Anybody got any ideas on saving some of that ETF money so I don't have to pay all the $200.00?
There is a bill credit of $100 and the activation fee is waived if you switch to Verizon through Costco right now. If you sign up for the $50 reserve gift card at Best Buy you get $50 off a phone.

Also, why are you leaving Sprint?

raichur0xx0rz

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
There is a bill credit of $100 and the activation fee is waived if you switch to Verizon through Costco right now. If you sign up for the $50 reserve gift card at Best Buy you get $50 off a phone.

Wasn't that $100 and waived activation fee just a Verizon promo in general? I didn't think you needed to go through Costco for that. Maybe I read it wrong...

Cozume

Banned
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
Wasn't that $100 and waived activation fee just a Verizon promo in general? I didn't think you needed to go through Costco for that. Maybe I read it wrong...
It was a rumor that it was available through Verizon. Go ahead and call to double check, but when I called, that is what I was told and others got the same message from Verizon when they called.

bobojay

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site

Wife went to Verizon about 6mos ago. Since then we've been comparing service while traveling. No comparison there, Verizon wins.
Also it seems lately, even their 4G service in more & more places around Kansas City is getting slower. Don't even ask about their 3G service, which is still prevalent around here. It's slower than cold snot :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz