Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree5Likes
  • 3 Post By Ry
  • 2 Post By Unobtanium
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    Euroskank CM10

Default Motorola - What's in their future?

I've been a Samsung guy for a few years but I've noticed at work Verizon Motorola owners get service in places I don't. I currently use the Galaxy S4. I love the features, dislike the reception. Is Verizon going to release a Motorola phone with equal or better specs than the S4 anytime soon? Verizon's current line-up of Motorola phones don't blow my hair back. I've been following Android news and it seems Motorola is staying relatively quiet. Can anyone confirm or deny my thoughts? I'm due for an upgrade and would like to get into a Motorola sooner rather than later. Thanks!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AC Forums mobile app
    Pure mathematics is the only truth in our world.
    Ry

Global Posts
    9,056 Global Posts

Default Re: Motorola - What's in their future?

Quote Originally Posted by Murph5150 View Post
    I've been a Samsung guy for a few years but I've noticed at work Verizon Motorola owners get service in places I don't. I currently use the Galaxy S4. I love the features, dislike the reception. Is Verizon going to release a Motorola phone with equal or better specs than the S4 anytime soon? Verizon's current line-up of Motorola phones don't blow my hair back. I've been following Android news and it seems Motorola is staying relatively quiet. Can anyone confirm or deny my thoughts? I'm due for an upgrade and would like to get into a Motorola sooner rather than later. Thanks!

With the release of the Moto X (and DROID MINI, DROID ULTRA, and DROID MAXX), Motorola said to the industry "you can have your spec war". When (if) the Lenovo deal goes through, I do not expect this to change. They've gone all in with this hardware and software strategy.

Motorola is committed to providing Android updates for the Moto X, Moto G, DROID MINI, DROID ULTRA, DROID MAXX, DROID RAZR HD, DROID RAZR MAXX HD, DROID RAZR M, and ATRIX HD. Motorola is committed to expanding availability of the Moto X and Moto G. Motorola is committed to bringing Motomaker to countries that have launched the Moto X where customization could be viable.

The Moto G is Motorola's most successful smartphone.

Motorola just announced that they are working on wearables, including a smartwatch. They want their wearables to be more fashionable than the competition. We should see these this summer.

Motorola also announced that the follow up to the Moto X would be coming in late summer 2014. I expect a DROID follow up around this time too since Motorola is now the exclusive maker of DROID-branded phones for Verizon.

Specs? If you're going to base how a good a smartphone is by the spec sheet, Motorola will not live up to your hype.
    Android Central Moderator

Motorola Moto X (212.55.26.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Motorola Moto 360 (LWX48T, Lollipop 5.0.1)
    Motorola Moto G (210.12.41.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (LRX21P, Lollipop 5.0)

What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums
    Thanked by 3:
    ultravisitor, A895 and UJ95x like this.

I really recommend, the DROID MAXX. I think it has the best battery in town. Almost stock android, but with Motorola's nice little features.

I have had, Samsung in the past. I think Motorola, has a better build quality that I haven't seen from Samsung.

I saw something, about Motorola might be doing a refresh to the Moto X is summer sometime.

Sent from my DROID MAXX!!!!

I've been a Samsung guy for a few years but I've noticed at work Verizon Motorola owners get service in places I don't. I currently use the Galaxy S4. I love the features, dislike the reception. Is Verizon going to release a Motorola phone with equal or better specs than the S4 anytime soon?
    Better specs, no. Better performance, yes. But you already know that based on what you are noticing about reception. See if one of your coworkers will let you play with their device so you can test it out.

Global Posts
    474 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I've never been a spec junky. I'm really glad I'm not because I would have never looked at the moto X. In my opinion, and many others it seems according to the reviews, it is one of if not the best all round phones out there. And, I'm running 4.4.2 already via my OTA update on Verizon no less! Its just an awesome device.

Posted via Android Central App on my Ebony backed Moto X
    Tim
    Droid 4
    Nexus 10
    Lapdock 500 Pro

Global Posts
    352 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by SmithlandCart View Post
    Better specs, no. Better performance, yes. But you already know that based on what you are noticing about reception. See if one of your coworkers will let you play with their device so you can test it out.
    I concur with this. I've used lots of mobile devices. I have found it is not about specs, it is about features, performance, and usability.
    Current Personal Devices: Droid MAXX XT1080M; Sero 7 Pro, Moto G LTE (1st Gen)
    Previous Personal Devices:
    Compaq HPC / Palm IIIc / Moto Bag Phone / Moto Flip Phone / StarTAC 7860 / StarTAC 7868 / v60s / GZ1 Type V / GZ1 Boulder / Thunderbolt
    Current Work Device: iPhone6
    Previous Work Devices:
    Moto "Lingo" L3000 iDEN / R750 / i355 / i580 + BB 8703 / BB 8830 / BB8330 / i576 + BB 9650 Storm /iPhone 4
    Thanked by 2:
    A895 and Evilnut like this.

As far as motorola phones getting service where others suffer, they are known for their great radios inside their phones

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app
    Thanked by 2:

Global Posts
    592 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by titans30dude View Post
    As far as motorola phones getting service where others suffer, they are known for their great radios inside their phones
    Motorola has been building two-way portable radios a long time, long before there was cellular, so they know how to do that well. In the cellular world, the criticisms of Motorola have been in the non-radio parts, such as fancy user interfaces, cameras, and such.
    Thanked by 3:

This is a known issue with Samsung devices. I have missed a few calls with my Note 3 in areas my Droid Maxx wouldn't. In a way I wish I still had a Motorola phone due to this since its a phone first. On the other hand I'm not sure because of an issue I had with WiFi interference.

However, with that said, the Note line of phones is no where near as bad as the S line.

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (Verizon)

Haven't had any missed call issues on either my Verizon note 2 or note 3

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
    Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by dpham00 View Post
    Haven't had any missed call issues on either my Verizon note 2 or note 3

Aren't you special?

Its definitely isolated. But unless you got a voicemail or someone notified you of that you missed their call you wouldn't know. Not saying you're wrong by any means though. Each persons experience is unique.

Quote Originally Posted by Eclipse2K View Post
    Aren't you special?

Its definitely isolated. But unless you got a voicemail or someone notified you of that you missed their call you wouldn't know. Not saying you're wrong by any means though. Each persons experience is unique.

That's true. What I do know is that in weak signal areas, my note 2 out performed my Droid razr maxx. In some areas the Droid razr maxx would not let me browse the Internet or very spotty. In those same areas my note 2 performed noticeably better.

Thanked by:

One thing Motorola is doing BEST right now, is building the PHONE to work around ANDROID, VS Building a phone and then adapting ANDROID to it!

Motorola and lets say Samsung... Could build IDENTICAL PHONES.. Look, feel Android 4.4, same specs.. However, MOTOROLA'S phone will be far superior to that of samsung.. Because Motorola will build the phone to work with Android, and Samsung will help ANDROID build 4.4 to work with the phone...
    Thanked by: