Verizon: can't access Internet

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Hi,

For the past couple hours I cannot access the Internet, Facebook or anything else that's dependent on the Internet. I have phone service. I've rebooted my Note 3 twice and that hasn't cured the problem. My Wi-Fi is working. I've been using the Dolphin browser just fine. I just tried the default browser and the msg says:

Unable to connect to the proxy server.

A proxy server is a server that acts as an intermediary between your mobile device and other servers. Right now your system is configured to use a proxy but the Internet can't connect to it.

To my knowledge I've never used a proxy server. I've never had this problem before and don't know how to fix. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Deb

Last edited by a moderator:

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: can't access Internet

Hm.. Try going to your mobile settings and checking your APN settings. Take a screenshot if you could please :).

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site

Would you please be more specific where I find APN? I don't see it in my settings. I don't even know what APN is.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

Hm.. Try going to your mobile settings and checking your APN settings. Take a screenshot if you could please :).

On Verizon you cannot change the apn settings when using a Verizon sim.

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

Would you please be more specific where I find APN? I don't see it in my settings. I don't even know what APN is.

Settings - more settings - Mobile network - access point names

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site

Thank you it says Verizon Internet on line 1 and VZWINTERNET on line 2 with a green dot on the right.

My phone also shows it's on a Global connection and I thought I was supposed to be on the CDMA/LTE connection. I tried switching to this and that didn't help so I put it back on Global but I don't know which one is right.

Last edited:

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

On Verizon you cannot change the apn settings when using a Verizon sim.

Ah okay oops! They are the only carrier I haven't used so wasn't sure.

Hm... Have you checked with Verizon to maybe see if it's a tower issue? Or does someone else you know with Verizon have Internet access still?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Correction on what I said previously. You can change just the apn setting, but You cannot add another apn or Change any other settings with a Verizon sim.

I would certainly call Verizon on this one, seems like an odd issue, especially if you aren't intentionally using proxies

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Apparently it's my Wi-Fi. I turned Wi-Fi off and I have Internet now. I guess I'll try setting up a new Wi-Fi connection and see if that helps unless someone has a better idea?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay