Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Verizon: Best plan with Unlimited Data

    Currently I am on the nationwide talk text plan with 450 minutes and unlimited text. Is that the best and cheapest plan?? Even for a deaf user?

    Sent from my HTC6435LVW using AC Forums mobile app
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 03-14-2014 at 06:21 PM.
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Best plan with Unlimited Data

    I'm on the Nationwide 300 which is $5 cheaper then the 450 and when I get near my limit I use voip calls.

    Posted via Android Central App
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Re: Best plan with Unlimited Data

    Quote Originally Posted by alxarambula View Post
    I'm on the Nationwide 300 which is $5 cheaper then the 450 and when I get near my limit I use voip calls.

    Posted via Android Central App
    What about texting? Is that limited to 1,000? I go over 2,000 text.

    Sent from my HTC6435LVW using AC Forums mobile app
  4. #4  

    Default Re: Best plan with Unlimited Data

    Quote Originally Posted by huskers15 View Post
    What about texting? Is that limited to 1,000? I go over 2,000 text.

    Sent from my HTC6435LVW using AC Forums mobile app
    I can't even fathom sending that many texts. I think my high best text count for any month is like 60 maybe a hundred but that's really pushing it.

    Deb from my Note 3
    Deb
    Save a life & make your life better.
    Adopt a rescue or shelter dog.
  5. #5  

    Default Re: Best plan with Unlimited Data

    Quote Originally Posted by tunnie View Post
    i think it auto fits the text.... noit the whole site.

    I still have to scroll around too, but when reading a forum, all the text is automatically scaled to fit the screen.

    I did try Opera but that sucks in comparison to the default browser.
    Dang lol.

    Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
    Sent from my T-Mobile Note 4 using AC Forums.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

    Default Re: Best plan with Unlimited Data

    Quote Originally Posted by ShaggyKids View Post
    I can't even fathom sending that many texts. I think my high best text count for any month is like 60 maybe a hundred but that's really pushing it.

    Deb from my Note 3
    I'm deaf and rely on text more than minutes.

    I may just switch to Att where they accept unlimited data and text only for $50 a month. Save me a crap ton of money.

    Verizon won't let me switch to nationwide messaging plan cuz the 2gb data is locked in. It's just isn't fair for me to pay for 450 mins.

    Sent from my HTC6435LVW using AC Forums mobile app
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Best plan with Unlimited Data

    You can choose pay per message not sure of rate. I picked $10 for 1000 messages and there is $20 for unlimited .

    Posted via Android Central App
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Best plan with Unlimited Data

    If you log into myverizon.com then go to manage account you can change your text limit, just be careful not to change your data.

    Posted via Android Central App
  9. #9  

    Default Re: Verizon: Best plan with Unlimited Data

    Just a suggestion, why not use Google Voice for texts?

    dpham00, Android Central Moderator
    Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro
  10. #10  
    CharlesH's Avatar

    Posts
    66 Posts
    Global Posts
    587 Global Posts

    Default Re: Best plan with Unlimited Data

    Quote Originally Posted by huskers15 View Post
    I'm deaf and rely on text more than minutes.
    I believe that Verizon has a special plan for the deaf which has lots of text messages and few (if any) voice minutes. You have to contact customer support directly and ask for it.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

    Default Re: Best plan with Unlimited Data

    Quote Originally Posted by CharlesH View Post
    I believe that Verizon has a special plan for the deaf which has lots of text messages and few (if any) voice minutes. You have to contact customer support directly and ask for it.
    Yes they do but then i lose unlimited data. Their deaf plan is locked in 2gb.

    While Att will let me use their deaf plan and keep unlimited data.

    Sent from my HTC6435LVW using AC Forums mobile app
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

    Default Re: Verizon: Best plan with Unlimited Data

    Quote Originally Posted by dpham00 View Post
    Just a suggestion, why not use Google Voice for texts?

    dpham00, Android Central Moderator
    Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro
    How will this work with mms ? Will I have 2 different numbers??

    Sent from my HTC6435LVW using AC Forums mobile app
  13. #13  
    Channan's Avatar
    Keyboard Warrior

    Posts
    584 Posts
    Global Posts
    585 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Best plan with Unlimited Data

    Quote Originally Posted by huskers15 View Post
    Yes they do but then i lose unlimited data. Their deaf plan is locked in 2gb.

    While Att will let me use their deaf plan and keep unlimited data.

    Sent from my HTC6435LVW using AC Forums mobile app
    AT&T doesn't offer unlimited data for their TAP plans, though.
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

    Default Re: Best plan with Unlimited Data

    Quote Originally Posted by Channan View Post
    AT&T doesn't offer unlimited data for their TAP plans, though.
    Yea they do. You have to be grandfathered with data

    Sent from my HTC6435LVW using AC Forums mobile app
  15. #15  

    Default Re: Best plan with Unlimited Data

    Quote Originally Posted by huskers15 View Post
    Yea they do. You have to be grandfathered with data

    Sent from my HTC6435LVW using AC Forums mobile app
    That's true, but I think he assumed you were planning to get them as a new customer. I don't know if AT&T offers TAP plans with Unlimited Data to new customers.

    Do you have a way to get a TAP plan from AT&T with Unlimited Data?

    It sounds like it's really no different than Verizon because their Nationwide Messaging plan also offered Unlimited Data to Grandfathered customers, though it is switched to 2 GB if the line is upgraded at a subsidized price.
  16. #16  
    Channan's Avatar
    Keyboard Warrior

    Posts
    584 Posts
    Global Posts
    585 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Best plan with Unlimited Data

    Quote Originally Posted by huskers15 View Post
    Yea they do. You have to be grandfathered with data

    Sent from my HTC6435LVW using AC Forums mobile app
    I assumed you had unlimited data on Verizon, since you mentioned that you might switch to AT&T. I guess you meant you might switch to that plan on AT&T but you already have unlimited data on AT&T?

Similar Threads

  1. Moto G Bluetooth Stops Working with a 2004 Prius
    By Kenneth Steere in forum Moto G (2013)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-09-2014, 04:44 PM
  2. Best Paying Ads In Apps World?
    By Start ando in forum The Android Central Lounge
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-22-2014, 12:59 PM
  3. Call Recording issues with Note 3 Android 4.4 Kitkat
    By Charles Whiteman in forum Android 4.4 KitKat
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-02-2014, 08:18 AM
  4. Restricting Mobile Data Use to selected apps. Please help
    By Blair Dewar in forum General Help and How To
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-25-2014, 03:36 PM
  5. problem with kies in updating to kitkat
    By rude medic in forum Samsung Galaxy S4
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-14-2014, 11:09 AM

Posting Permissions