Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By dpham00
  • 1 Post By Almeuit
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Verizon fios triple play customers : $200 bill credit plus $10/mo credit for 2 years for new line

Read the terms here:

More With Verizon

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
    Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

Default Re: Verizon fios triple play customers : $200 bill credit plus $10/mo credit for 2 years for new lin

We switched from Sprint for this deal before our contract was up (still fighting ETF based on very bad service). We received $200 credit per line on Fios, $100 credit per line on the wireless side, and upgraded our internet speed at home for $10 but for doing that we received and additional $10 off per month for 2 years on both bills. KILLER DEAL! I even asked why this wasn't advertised more and he said "Because it is such a good deal" lol. All in all we received $840 in bill credits over a 2 year period, better service, and faster internet...we are happy. And it made sense for us to go on the Edge plan so I will be getting the Note 4 in a year.

Default Re: Verizon fios triple play customers : $200 bill credit plus $10/mo credit for 2 years for new lin

If only fios was available in Jacksonville.. Sigh.. I'd take them over comcast anyday :P.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Almeuit View Post
    If only fios was available in Jacksonville.. Sigh.. I'd take them over comcast anyday :P.

Yes the monopoly is real bad. Consumers need more choices.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by Almeuit View Post

FiOS is available probably half a mile from me, but none at my house. Stuck with either Verizon dsl or twc, both of which suck in my area. In peak hours I end up using my phone as a hotspot because twc is so bad.

sliver108 likes this.

ROM
    Stock JB 4.1.2

I have OTA mifi only. So I feel your pain. It's not bad 90% of the time but it's capped. Cable 1/2 mile from us in three directions but the cable company refuses to string cable on my stretch of road despite having 12 houses per mile as per their demand.

Sent via The Big, Bad, Beautiful Note 3
    What?!...I'm msndrstood.

Sent via Note 2
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Quote Originally Posted by msndrstood View Post
    I have OTA mifi only. So I feel your pain. It's not bad 90% of the time but it's capped. Cable 1/2 mile from us in three directions but the cable company refuses to string cable on my stretch of road despite having 12 houses per mile as per their demand.

Sometimes if people are willing to pay for part of the installation, then they may do it. But getting people to do that maybe hard.

ROM
    Stock JB 4.1.2

Why should we have to pay, though? We are on a main state road, the other homes did not have to pay and there are long stretches between groups of homes. The cable company is rinky-dink Armstrong, a local provider not any of the big guns like Comcast, Xfinity or TWC.

That's ok, when we moved here 29 years ago, if I wanted to call my neighbor, it was a long distance call @ .25/minute. Now we have no home phone. A long time ago, my son called his girlfriend in the next town and ran up a $3000 phone bill one month. So when cell service became available via Sprint, yes Sprint, we said, too bad Verizon, we no longer need your services.

Things will change, eventually. They always do.

What?!...I'm msndrstood.

Sent via Note 2

Quote Originally Posted by msndrstood View Post
    Why should we have to pay, though? We are on a main state road, the other homes did not have to pay and there are long stretches between groups of homes. The cable company is rinky-dink Armstrong, a local provider not any of the big guns like Comcast, Xfinity or TWC.

That's ok, when we moved here 29 years ago, if I wanted to call my neighbor, it was a long distance call @ .25/minute. Now we have no home phone. A long time ago, my son called his girlfriend in the next town and ran up a $3000 phone bill one month. So when cell service became available via Sprint, yes Sprint, we said, too bad Verizon, we no longer need your services.

Things will change, eventually. They always do.

Comcast and the big guys aren't much better sadly ... They charge more in areas with no real competition since they know that you have no where to go.

The people in Dallas, TX are having a blast with getting deals just because Google talked about going their and the cable company (twc) is scared.

msndrstood likes this.