Two things that upset me at Verizon.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: Two things that majorly **** me off at Verizon.

1. The employee who continues to insist that the only phone you will be happy with is the phone they use. Regardless of features or calling actual specs to their attention they refuse to admit their choice of phone isn't the best one on the market. Example : Me: I want the phone with 32 gigs of on board storage. Associate: well this one has 16,you don't need 32 that's more than is necessary.

2. The salesman who refuses to accept that you want to keep your unlimited data plan. I was even told it was stupid for me to buy my DNA outright instead of subsidizing it through a two year contract with data caps. Never before had a salesperson told me I was stupid for trying to spend 600 dollars in their store.

I don't care what kind of phone you have, that's not how I judge someone's worth or intelligence.

You can buy online to avoid this issue. Also if you want to pick it up today, buy online with in store pickup.

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:

AZDroid

Jan 3, 2010
Visit site

Obviously not all sales people are cut out for sales. Telling a customer they are stupid is never a good tactic. I'm sure they are told to push certain devices, or maybe they just really love their phone and get over exuberant about it.

As far as talking you out of unlimited data, I'm sure that's a top priority stressed by management.

I payed full price for my G2 in January and my son's Moto X in February. Huge long term savings over the cost of their new plans and subsidized phones. But they were tripping over themselves trying to convince me to switch. It was annoying, but that's their job.

I have issues with their lack of knowledge about the phones they are trying to sell. Like in January when I asked if the Galaxy S4 would be getting KitKat soon and the dude asked me "what's kitkat?"

Sent from my VS980 4G using AC Forums mobile app

Spencerdl

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site

My Verizon store was trying to sell everyone the Galaxy Note3. I would say their success ratio was around 65% judging from all the Note3's I saw coming and going...SMILE. I would estimate about 80% of the Verizon reps in my Verizon store has the Note 2/3

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

My Verizon store was trying to sell everyone the Galaxy Note3. I would say their success ratio was around 65% judging from all the Note3's I saw coming and going...SMILE. I would estimate about 80% of the Verizon reps in my Verizon store has the Note 2/3

I bought the note 3 for $90 on contract on release day for in store pickup. No smile from my rep. He left even before the phone was activated. He was pushing for me to get the Gear or the helicopter, but once I declined, he lost interest.

Spencerdl

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site

I bought the note 3 for $90 on contract on release day for in store pickup. No smile from my rep. He left even before the phone was activated. He was pushing for me to get the Gear or the helicopter, but once I declined, he lost interest.

I do like that "Air Drone" ($299)....SMILE

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

This sounds like typical sales people.. That's why I avoid them. They want to try and push you off that unlimited at all costs.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

This sounds like typical sales people.. That's why I avoid them. They want to try and push you off that unlimited at all costs.

Anything touching unlimited relating to upgrade would cause the loss of unlimited... Even if you use the upgrade from a non unlimited line.

darkman265

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site

Anything touching unlimited relating to upgrade would cause the loss of unlimited... Even if you use the upgrade from a non unlimited line.

Does this mean if I transfer my upgrade to a basic phone and upgrade that phone and then switch the phone over to the unlimited line that I will then lose unlimited?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

Does this mean if I transfer my upgrade to a basic phone and upgrade that phone and then switch the phone over to the unlimited line that I will then lose unlimited?

If you did it over the phone or in store, possibly.

If you did it online then you should be fine

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Well yeah I know that :p.

He is saying he wants to buy full price and they are telling him he should upgrade... Hence why I said typical sales person trying to push him to use the upgrade to get him off the unlimited :).

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

Well yeah I know that :p.

He is saying he wants to buy full price and they are telling him he should upgrade... Hence why I said typical sales person trying to push him to use the upgrade to get him off the unlimited :).

Sure no doubt... I don't think that they get commission on full retail.

Qurlee

Mar 11, 2014
Visit site

As a salesman for Verizon I would like to say this. If you go to a corporate store, more than likely you're going to be treated like crap. They have it set up to be like a Walmart. I know at my store I will never call a customer an ***** for whatever decision they make. I may put my little two sense in and try to persuade otherwise but that's my job to a certain degree.

It really just depends on the person that's working and depends on the mood and willingness to work with a customer. Which if you look at it that way, that's all retail stores. Including Sprint, T-Mobile, or AT&T. It's unfortunate it's like that but people stop caring about customer service and more worried about making money when the true reality of things is completely the opposite if you do want more money.

I will end my post with this, we do make commission and we also have a base pay. We do make more commission on certain phones than others and accessories or insurance. All of Verizon reps should be educated to the point that they at least know what KitKat is but not all of us are educated to the point of what rooting, kernels, RAM, etc. Is. Which I think all of should as well. It sounded like that guy was a complete ***** and just had someone else do his tests that you must do in order to get any commission.

Posted via Android Central App

qbot101

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site

The store reps are really EDGE minded people. I had to insist on retail pricing. They even pulled up my previous usage and that shut them down. Then when I got the Note 3, the rep was like, "you might as well get the Gear". No thanks. I did get a bunch of accessories, though.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

sierrajinx9

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site

While i love my DNA... I do admit.. buying this phone outright.. never... and please GET the 32GIG.. I have the 16GIG DNA and my music wont fit, along with apps, pics... So i have to use GOOGLE Play Music, and needed a higher data package

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

While i love my DNA... I do admit.. buying this phone outright.. never... and please GET the 32GIG.. I have the 16GIG DNA and my music wont fit, along with apps, pics... So i have to use GOOGLE Play Music, and needed a higher data package

Ouch :(

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

Why not just get a device with a sd card?

JnEricsonx

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site

Then how am I rocking a Note 2 with unlimited? I got it on my mom's dumbphone line, and moved to mine, voila, still got unlimited. I asked Verizon people nearly every day if this was still possible leading up to getting the phone, which I got back in October. They all said it was still possible.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

Then how am I rocking a Note 2 with unlimited? I got it on my mom's dumbphone line, and moved to mine, voila, still got unlimited. I asked Verizon people nearly every day if this was still possible leading up to getting the phone, which I got back in October. They all said it was still possible.

Of course, what you did was fine, because the note 2 didn't touch the unlimited line when being upgraded. After upgrading, you can move the phone to any line you want.

But if you had transferred the upgrade from the basic line to he unlimited line then pushed the upgrade then you most likely would have lost unlimited.

It may seem like semantics, but it is the way things work.

Of course there are also the loopholes discussed in the other threads as well.

sierrajinx9

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site

I made 2 major mistakes when buying this phone! I did my research assuming it had expandable storage... and 2, i tried it out and missed the DEADLINE To return it...

But i have managed to lower my data plan to 6 gigs, Stream Spotify and Google Play music DAILY... and youtube for all the people i subscribe to and i am doing just fine :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
teapotsax