What's the best way to convince VZW to let me upgrade 10 days early?

CarrierPigeon

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
what's the best way to convince VZW to let me upgrade 10 days early?

should I attempt to do this over the phone or at a VZW corporate store?

Last edited by a moderator:

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Re: what's the best way to convince VZW to let me upgrade 10 days early?

Over the phone is usually best. Stores tend to stick to the date as they can't change it.

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (Verizon)

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Over the phone is usually best. Stores tend to stick to the date as they can't change it.

This.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

CarrierPigeon

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site

call 4 times this morning and spoke with 4 different supervisors.
got shot down each time. They told me I would have to pay the
$350 ETF to upgrade 10 days early. Actually, only $120 ETF,
since I'm already 23 months into my 24-month contract. ($10 for
each month in the contract)

I decided to call the local corporate store. The manager took
my name/number. She called me back a few minutes later and
said no. She recommended that I wait 10 day. (well, I could have
to myself that! :D )

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Yeah they usually will be very strict about upgrade dates... Just sucks having to wait sometimes :).

Kyprain

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site

I also had the same problem a couple of years ago. wanted the S3 and didn't want to lose my unlimited data, as verizon had a date we would lose our data.
anyway I tried to phone a few times and no go. I tried talking to the management, didn't help. I kept on trying a couple of times a week, and one time the person said no problem. Keep on trying, good luck.

raichur0xx0rz

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site

There are some third party locations that will allow upgrades 7 days before your actual contract end-date, but of course it depends on what's around you =[

robw

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site

I called about 45 days prior to my upgrade date as my phone (Rezound) was acting up and giving me fits. They said they could only do the early upgrade within 30 days of the upgrade date. If you tell them you are having trouble with your existing device, you might have more luck. This was calling corporate, not at a store as they have very limited authority apparently.

Spencerdl

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site

Did you threaten to leave ....that always works. It got me on the loyalty plan, I should mention payment record does matter (you have to be good standings)....SMILE

CarrierPigeon

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site

Did you threaten to leave ....that always works. It got me on the loyalty plan, I should mention payment record does matter (you have to be good standings)....SMILE

I have been with Verizon since it was BellAtlanticMobile going back more than 10 years. Never missed one payment... in fact, all bills were on auto-pay, deducted from my checking account. My bill is about $160 per month for the last 5 years or so. Guess that doesn't mean much to them.

I can't threaten to leave... the last time I pulled the "I'm thinking of switch to AT&T" speech, the rep's first response was "but you use almost 50GB per month with your unlimited data plan... you'll lose that if you leave Verizon Wireless, no?" Yup, they've got me by the balls and they know it, too! :D

Bob61

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site

I can't threaten to leave... the last time I pulled the "I'm thinking of switch to AT&T" speech, the rep's first response was "but you use almost 50GB per month with your unlimited data plan... you'll lose that if you leave Verizon Wireless, no?" Yup, they've got me by the balls and they know it, too! :D
Maybe this is reason they are being so strict with upgrade policy. They don't care if you leave and probably hoping that you do ;)

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

I have been with Verizon since it was BellAtlanticMobile going back more than 10 years. Never missed one payment... in fact, all bills were on auto-pay, deducted from my checking account. My bill is about $160 per month for the last 5 years or so. Guess that doesn't mean much to them.

Wait... You have an unlimited data plan so why are you concerned about being able to upgrade?

If you use the upgrade price for the line you will lose unlimited data. You have to pay full price for the device in order to retain it... So you can technically upgrade whenever you want :what:.

bigmatt503

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
Costco and best buy will let you upgrade 7 days early (from the actual date on Verizon.com

Sent from my ROOTED HTC droid DNA using cyanogenMod 10.2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12