Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Previously unpaid ETF?

So I just heard about the new One, and it actually got me motivated to get my service back with Verizon. However, I left about 8 months ago and have an $350-400 ETF that I completely forgot about. Even though this isn't directly related to the M8 (if there is a thread that deals with carriers, please move it there as there a plenty of things M8-related to talk about), I wanted to know if I pay the ETF, will I still have to pay a $300-$400 deposit even though I've had service before? I wasn't sure if that was possible or not. Thanks in advance for your opinions!

Global Posts
    4,733 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Re: Verizon HTC One (M8) ...

Well, that would be up to Verizon but you certainly aren't going to know until you pay off that ETF. If you've been current on all your past payments, they should take that into consideration. The ETF is maxed at $350 unless you had more than one line terminated.

Posted via Android Central App
    "In God we trust....all others we investigate".

"Get yourself a Glock and lose that nickel plated sissy pistol".

Default Re: Previously unpaid ETF?

Probably a good chance that you will have to pay deposit , considering that you didn't pay etf last time. But just call Verizon to ask

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
    Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

You may want to pay up anyway. Not just for the moral reasons, but other carriers may pick up on that when running your credit check if you try to sign up. That could prevent them accepting you, or increasing the deposit. I could be mistaken, but I seem to remember hearing this before.

Or you could go pre-paid.

Quote Originally Posted by Mooncatt View Post
    You may want to pay up anyway. Not just for the moral reasons, but other carriers may pick up on that when running your credit check if you try to sign up. That could prevent them accepting you, or increasing the deposit. I could be mistaken, but I seem to remember hearing this before.

Or you could go pre-paid.
    Carriers typically will run a credit check and it could certainly impact another carrier's decision.

On prepaid this is not really an issue though.

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
    Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro