Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By XCalibration17
  • 1 Post By dpham00
  • 1 Post By XCalibration17
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    444 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 2.2

Default Why does Verizon send the BOGO offer email to those without upgrades??

This is more of a rant. It bugs me that Verizon emails me all these offers for new phones and I just got the BOGO S5 email but I don't have an upgrade until September. Don't you think that a company that makes as much money as they do could filter out the people that do and don't have upgrades. It is almost as if Verizon waves it in our faces and pulls it away at the last second. Like that Allstate commercial with the fisherman and the dollar. Just very irritating.
    Motorola Moto X.

www.twitter.com/tweed7 <----FOLLOW ME!
    jpriest007 likes this.

Default Re: Why does Verizon send the BOGO offer email to those without upgrades??

Well they could be enticing you to add lines of service.

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
    Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro
    Thanked by:
    Ry 
    Ry likes this.

Default Re: Why does Verizon send the BOGO offer email to those without upgrades??

Quote Originally Posted by XCalibration17 View Post
    This is more of a rant. It bugs me that Verizon emails me all these offers for new phones and I just got the BOGO S5 email but I don't have an upgrade until September. Don't you think that a company that makes as much money as they do could filter out the people that do and don't have upgrades. It is almost as if Verizon waves it in our faces and pulls it away at the last second. Like that Allstate commercial with the fisherman and the dollar. Just very irritating.
    That commercial has failed because they got you to think of AllState when its actually State Farm.

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (Verizon)

Your being kinda ridiculous here.. ... Every company does this. They dont really care. Its just an offer. Letting you know whats happening. There are many reasons as to why they send it to everyone though beyond the simple why not.

1. If the deal was enticing enough some people may end their contract early to upgrade.
    2. Letting you know what deals are available. Not just for you but any freinds you have that may be interested. If your giving out advice on what company to go with then added knowledge of the current deals is awesome.. Hell. look at you now... talking about the new deal to others. Sure you expressing a negative tone but word is spreading about it.

Point is if you dont like it just unsubscribe... its pretty simply.. You will get promotions from the time you sign up till you unsubscribe.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    444 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 2.2

Quote Originally Posted by Eclipse2K View Post
    That commercial has failed because they got you to think of AllState when its actually State Farm.

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (Verizon)
    Fail..
    Motorola Moto X.

www.twitter.com/tweed7 <----FOLLOW ME!
    Thanked by:
    Eclipse2K likes this.

Your right those emails & flyers in the mail are annoying when you can't take advantage of them because your contract isn't up yet. Like me I have to wait till February 2015 to upgrade. The worst ones are the ones they sent you the next day after you upgrade.

Posted from my Galaxy Note 2 via Android Central App

Also they might let you upgrade early. They sent me a flyer letting me know that I can upgrade early on contract... On my UDP line

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
    Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

I signed up a while back for S5 updates at the Verizon website, and never received anything from them. And I regularly check my spam folder.

My contract renewal date was last November, and I'm off contract now with UDP, so I'm surprised they haven't been bugging me.

Quote Originally Posted by jpriest007 View Post
    The worst ones are the ones they sent you the next day after you upgrade.

Posted from my Galaxy Note 2 via Android Central App
    I got bookoodles of them right after my upgrade.

Deb from my Note 3
    Deb
    Save a life & make your life better.
    Adopt a rescue or shelter dog.