Verizon: Discount for bringing your own device.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Sometimes the csr might not be up to date on the new policy. So if they say that you must be on edge, shoe them the link to the website. Or just call back. I have had csrs say things in contrary to Verizon's written policy before so it wouldn't surprise me.

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

GilmourD

Sep 19, 2010
Visit site
Call customer service and have them take a look.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
Went to a local store since we were going to be right there and the sales guy was like "Nope, you're wrong." I showed him the press release right off the VZW site and he's trying to tell me I read it wrong.

GilmourD

Sep 19, 2010
Visit site
Did you go to a corporate store or an authorized dealer?

Corporate. Not the usual store I like to go to, though. There's two corporate locations not too far away from me. I went to this location because I was also going to the Target right by it, but they're usually a bit dumb there, so I usually go to the other one. I'm not shocked by their response. I've just not had a chance to call them up or go to the other location, yet.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Stores have no monetary incentive to help you go m2m. They want you under contract, service or edge. Either they didn't know or they are intentionally not telling you the truth. I would just call in. If the first caller doesn't know, ask to talk to a supervisor. If not either then just call back. Sooner or later someone can help you. These things happen whenever a few new policy is implemented, csr are not fully informed, most likely because they didn't read the internal memo

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Eli_C

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
Has anyone been able to switch to a more everything plan WITHOUT edge and get the bring your own phone discount ($15/line on 10+GB)?

GilmourD

Sep 19, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone been able to switch to a more everything plan WITHOUT edge and get the bring your own phone discount ($15/line on 10+GB)?

My wife's line is out of contract and she's getting the $10 discount on our 3gig plan. I'm still in contract so no dice for me.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

t0ked

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Just an FYI, on VZW, if you are off contract, on a MORE Everything plan, and you'd like to keep your current device, you can get a $25 discount per line (this is the EDGE discount without getting on the EDGE plan.)

It is called the Month-to-Month MORE Everything Promotion. You can access it by Changing Features on the My Verizon website (not the My Verizon phone app). Opt in and you should get an email.

I've never been on an Edge plan. 3 of 5 lines on my 10GB data plan just finished the contract and those three lines just had the promotion activated for a savings of $75/month without the need to buy or finance new phones. In another year, my bill end up being (80+15x5) $155 before taxes and my employee discount which is quite a good deal (I know Verizon and good deal rarely goes hand in hand)

Verizon feeling pressure from the competition... Customers benefit! (Don't ask about this in stores as they will deny that anything like this exists. They tried to convince me the only options were the traditional 2 year contract, financing phones on EDGE, or paying full price monthly without a contract)