Will this work to keep my unlimited data?
My wife and I both are on a family plan, both have UDP, and both are eligible for an upgrade. What I am considering doing is:
1) Add two lines to our plan
2) Buy two phones on the new lines
3) Activate both phones on new lines
4) Transfer upgrades from original 2 lines to the new 2 lines
5) Buy two more phones
6) Activate both newest phones on new lines
7) Activate the now deactivated new phones on old lines while not losing UDP
8) Deactivate 2 new phones off of new lines and downgrade to $10
9) Sell new phones to cover additional monthly fee
Any reason this wouldn't work?
Does a line have to have a phone active on it or can it just sit unused as long as I pay the $10 a month on it?
And if all this would work then which phone would be better for me to buy to sell? The Galaxy S5 or iPhone 5s?
Re: Will this work to keep my unlimited data?
Your steps would work for keeping your unlimited plans...you would need 2 basic phones to keep the lines activate...iPhone 5s has better resell value
Sent from my VERIZON LG G2