Verizon: Can't Order BOGO HTC One (M8) or Galaxy S5

Justintoxicated

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
So the Verizon website seems a bit screwed up. When you try to do the BOGO deal the phones will show up in cart as Verizon Edge phones.

Contacting customer support they say the work around is to go through preorder.verizonwireless.com

However if you go through that site you cannot enter the coupon code VERIZON30 for an additional $60 off.

Suggestions?
I have spent like 5 hours trying to order now to get the 2 phones for $140 like everyone else.

Otherwise my total comes out to $405 since CA has $205 in taxes and fees on the two phones.

Last edited by a moderator:

Justintoxicated

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
Re: Can't Order BOGO M8 or S5

So I caved in and re-ordered the same phones without being able to get the great deal. BOGO came out to $405 (yes that's after $199 off....) but before the mail in rebate.

The phones say they will shot on the 18th which is a Friday, will they be delivered on Saterday then? Just wondering because I'm leaving for vacation on Tuesday...

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
If shipped Friday with next day delivery then it should be at your place on Monday

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Justintoxicated

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
Crap I guess I won't be able to activate them until I get back from vacation then, I won't have time to swing by my Dad's house to drop off this phone either. Damn backorders. I would be getting it tomorrow if the verizon rep would have just told me that there is no way to enter promotional codes for bogo rather than telling me I need to cancel in order to use the code... :(

Justintoxicated

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
looks like my HTC shipped out today but will not be here until monday. That means I will have a whole hour or so to figure out how to transfer it over before I leave for vacation. And I guess the other one is going to sit outside for a week until I get back...Hope no one steals it. I probably should have just bought the damn phones in the store when I went but the reps talked me into doing it from home because I wanted to keep the UDP on my account :(

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Isn't there a neighbor that you trust that would accept your delivery? Leaving something like that outside for an entire week is a pretty scary thought to me. I wouldn't even want to leave it for a few hours.

Deb from my Note 3

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Verizon requires signature for delivery. They will attempt a few deliveries and then hold it at the shipping facility for some time before sending it back to Verizon.

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3