Should I switch to AT&T

Grokr

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
I currently have Verizon, I got a new job and I can barely get a signal inside the office building. Outside of the office the reception is good and I can get 17 down 8 up on LTE. They have ATT repeaters in the building to support the government blackberries and I tested a coworkers iphone and he gets good call reception in the building and gets about 4 down and 1 up on 4g. I tested ATT at a corporate store and could only get 8 down and 1 up.

From what I've read Verizon will be faster in the long run since they have been increasing capacity while ATT is still working on coverage.

But, I don't get coverage 9 hours of the day in the office on Verizon. So, I'm not sure whether to switch to ATT or not. If I switch I'll get coverage in the office but slower speeds outside the office

I asked if I could install a signal booster for Verizon but I'm not allowed.

Any ideas?

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I take it this is your personal phone not your work phone correct? If you feel comfortable just checking your phone a few times a day for any messages I would stick with Verizon but if you're concerned that you're going to miss something urgent or very important then you might want to consider switching. If possible you could instruct your wife or other very important people in your life that if they really need you to contact you at your work telephone number which would alleviate them not being able to reach you in an emergency then you could stick with Verizon.

Deb from my Note 3

sliver108

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
I currently have Verizon, I got a new job and I can barely get a signal inside the office building. Outside of the office the reception is good and I can get 17 down 8 up on LTE. They have ATT repeaters in the building to support the government blackberries and I tested a coworkers iphone and he gets good call reception in the building and gets about 4 down and 1 up on 4g. I tested ATT at a corporate store and could only get 8 down and 1 up.

From what I've read Verizon will be faster in the long run since they have been increasing capacity while ATT is still working on coverage.

But, I don't get coverage 9 hours of the day in the office on Verizon. So, I'm not sure whether to switch to ATT or not. If I switch I'll get coverage in the office but slower speeds outside the office

I asked if I could install a signal booster for Verizon but I'm not allowed.

Any ideas?

Usually I word have more time to answer a question like this in detail but here is what I have....

If you do need a phone for work have them provide one for you and if is Kosher give the number out but I doubt this will be the case. If they subsidize your bill because you use your personal just get an At&t phone and, again, give that number out or forward your calls from your Verizon phone. If you don't want to have a second phone for whatever reason then if you may have some options. I am pretty sure you could forward your Verizon calls to an app (maybe G-voice) and just use the wifi to receive calls. Here is a search with some options.....https://www.google.com/search?q=usi...fi+to+place+and+receive+calls+verizon&spell=1

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
If you get no signal I'd probably switch... But as Shaggy said if you don't need your phone much during the day then you could stay.

I am a fan of having service though.. So that's a big one for my work and play areas :).

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
If you use your phone a lot at work then it might be worth switching.

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

sliver108

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
Yes but if he has a strong signal pretty much everywhere besides work why switch? His wifi at work would cover his calls and when he isn't there he has good service. It's not like he could do anything about his At&t service while not at work to improve service but he can do that with Verizon at work. And to top it off...he is "at work" so if those calls had to be work related he would most likely be compensated or have a phone provided. Then you just forward the calls to that phone...really no downside to sticking with what he has right now since he can improve his coverage issues via wifi.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
It depends on his needs really. Only he can decide. I don't access anything non work related on work computer so I rely heavily on my cell phone.

sliver108

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
Not if you don't want to use work wifi for personal things.

I stand corrected because dpham00 has a very good point. I guess I never had to worry about that type of thing. So yes, this may also be a deciding factor.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I stand corrected because dpham00 has a very good point. I guess I never had to worry about that type of thing. So yes, this may also be a deciding factor.

At my work if you want to used the work wifi, you need to log in with your personal I'd and password. My work also tracks what you do on the Web. My boss even said that he knows what websites you are visiting and gave an example of knowing what you are buying on Amazon.

Just be sure to read your company's policy carefully before using work wifi, if you plan to use it.

Grokr

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for al lthe advice. Unfortunately, I don't have wifi at work. I 'm still trying to see if they will let me install a signal booster for Verizon in the window.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey