Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Planning stage

Im planning on going with vzw, had them b4 and was happy, but it was a couple years ago. Is there any advantage to paying full price(targeting sgs5), or should I have them subsidize? Sorry if this is answered elsewhere, just new to the forum.

Sent from my SGH-T599N using Tapatalk

Default Re: Planning stage

Welcome to Android Central! I believe if you buy full price they will offer a 10 dollar a month discount on your monthly bill.. But other than that.. Just depends if you're okay being in contract.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

On current plans, you will get a $10 (8gb or less) or $25 (10gb or higher) reduction in premium when you byod or are on edge. If you are at $25 reduction, that equals to $600 over 2 years. The s5 right now is $100/200. Since the s5 is also $600 full retail now, it would be advantageous to buy at full retail if on the 10gb or higher plan. On a plan 8gb or less, it would be better to be on contract

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
    Sent from my Verizon Sansung Galaxy S3

If you only need 2gb and no Hotspot then the $60 loyalty plan with 2gb data and unlimited talk and text might work for you, ymmv

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
    Sent from my Verizon Sansung Galaxy S3

Quote Originally Posted by droidncounter View Post
    Im planning on going with vzw, had them b4 and was happy, but it was a couple years ago. Is there any advantage to paying full price(targeting sgs5), or should I have them subsidize? Sorry if this is answered elsewhere, just new to the forum.

Sent from my SGH-T599N using Tapatalk
    If you have the money I would go with anything that you would not have one of those stupid contract. I pay full price as I have unlimited data and want to keep it. The $10.00 off plan would mean only a saving of $240 in 2 years and if your like most around here you will have the phone you get now sold and something else purchased by the time that 2 years is up anyway. I would also look somewhere else like swappa.com to purchase your phone and take it to VZW for service. Be prepared for crappy customer service though and no android updates on your phone until everyone else in the world has the update. Just the way it works at VZW.