Verizon prepaid offering Note 3, S4, G2,Moto X via Best Buy

fofjjsr

Android4life
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
So I made a few inquires. My Verizon resources know nothing about this, and showing them the link on Best Buys website they were dumb founded that some of those phone prices were $200 above full retail cost. They are not even sure how they are advertising it. Verizon itself isn't offering these phones on prepaid. I would be cautious with this myself.

Accused Samsung and Verizon fanboy from my Verizon Galaxy S5

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Why is someone comparing T-Mobile no contract post paid plans (which every major carrier has a version of now) to prepaid? Prepaid is never going to have the same options or access as post paid. Why? Well then why would anyone go with postpaid?

Accused Samsung and Verizon fanboy from my Verizon Galaxy S5

Because someone shopping pre-paid should also consider no-contract post-paid service since the pricing is in the same range sometimes cheaper but you get alot more for your money.

CarrierPigeon

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
Same here. Not really sure what is going on, if Verizon is allowing 4GLTE on prepaid.

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

What' I'd like to know is how they activate these prepaid Note 3 phones... I assume it has the usual SIM card slot in the back... but since all Verizon SIM cards say "4G LTE" on them, it's kind of hilarious that the prepaid Note 3 can't access the 4G LTE network.

japetty

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
What' I'd like to know is how they activate these prepaid Note 3 phones... I assume it has the usual SIM card slot in the back... but since all Verizon SIM cards say "4G LTE" on them, it's kind of hilarious that the prepaid Note 3 can't access the 4G LTE network.
I would say they activate them just like any non 4G/lte phone they sell such as a flip phone and some of the older smart phones they sold such a the Motorola X and the X2. I just sold my old Motorola X a week back and the guy took it into the store got an account and activated it. He walked out of the store and called me to let me know. I later looked on my account online and it did show as VZW M2M call. He just needed a cheep phone that he thought was a cool phone which he could call, text, and web. He bought it from me for 35.00. Don't know what kind of plan he got but this pre paid would seem like it would fit his needs. Don't know if those calls would come to other VZW customers as M2M or not.

fofjjsr

Android4life
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
I would say they activate them just like any non 4G/lte phone they sell such as a flip phone and some of the older smart phones they sold such a the Motorola X and the X2. I just sold my old Motorola X a week back and the guy took it into the store got an account and activated it. He walked out of the store and called me to let me know. I later looked on my account online and it did show as VZW M2M call. He just needed a cheep phone that he thought was a cool phone which he could call, text, and web. He bought it from me for 35.00. Don't know what kind of plan he got but this pre paid would seem like it would fit his needs. Don't know if those calls would come to other VZW customers as M2M or not.

I think the X and the X2 were 3G phones, I know the X was. Thus that is why they could be activated on a prepaid plan.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

I think the X and the X2 were 3G phones, I know the X was. Thus that is why they could be activated on a prepaid plan.

Just to be clear.. DROID X and DROID X2. :)

fofjjsr

Android4life
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Any updates to this? Is this a mistake by Best Buy?

I believe so. Most of the 4GLTE devices has been removed. There is a lg exceed 2 listed as 4GLTE, but per Verizon's prepaid page, the device isn't 4GLTE.

y4e8agy2.jpg

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa