Need to buy a new Verizon phone after breaking Galaxy S3. Help?

SigmaTheta

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
I'm looking to buy a new Verizon smartphone but I'm not that great at knowing what is safe and unsafe to buy. I know the phone has to be CDMA, but some phones have SIM card slots, others don't, some are unlocked, others not, and it's really confusing.

I just want to be able to buy a smartphone from Android for about $200 that can replace my broken Samsung Galaxy S3 with no problems. Can anyone tell me if any of these phones will work like I need it to? The last thing I want to do is spend $200, wait three days, and receive a phone I can't use. Thanks for any help!

Amazon.com: Apple iPhone 4 16GB (Black) - CDMA Verizon: Cell Phones & Accessories

Amazon.com: Verizon Motorola Droid Bionic No Contract 4G LTE Android Phone: Cell Phones & Accessories

Amazon.com: Motorola DROID X Android Verizon Cell Phone: Cell Phones & Accessories

Amazon.com: Motorola Droid RAZR No Contract 4G LTE WiFi Android Smartphone + 4G SIM Verizon: Cell Phones & Accessories

broadwayblues

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
If I were you, I would just buy something off contract. That's just me though, I've been tied down to Verizon for years now. Since you had a S3, I am sure you'd want something with LTE, so look for that. LTE phones have SIM cards, it's not a big deal, just take your phone to a Verizon store and they will give you a new one, or take the SIM out of your S3 and put it in the phone you buy.

Look here for a good place to browse Verizon phones: http://swappa.com/devices/verizon?ref=mobilenations&data1=UUacUvbUpU3595034

I buy and sell there, and never had a problem. I just bought a Moto X for $210 and sold my iPhone 5.

Good luck, the S3 was a good phone, but the newer phones are amazing in comparison.

raichur0xx0rz

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
While I would also say look to Swappa for a device, Amazon would be fairly safe as well, as buying from their Marketplace puts you under Amazon's protection. If it's not as described, you can just send it back for a refund =\

japetty

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
I will 3rd the suggestion for finding something you like for a phone off contract at swappa.com as I have not purchased a subsidized phone in a while. I have bought phones off swappa.com and I have sold a few phones and tablets at swappa.com good luck finding yourself another phone you will be happy using.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith