Unlimited upgrade question

marki86

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
I have read other posts and am still confused. I have 4 lines on a family plan. 2 still have unlimited data that I want to keep. Both will be eligible for upgrade in June. Can I transfer the upgrades to the other 2 lines without losing unlimited data?

Posted via Android Central App

raichur0xx0rz

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
I have read other posts and am still confused. I have 4 lines on a family plan. 2 still have unlimited data that I want to keep. Both will be eligible for upgrade in June. Can I transfer the upgrades to the other 2 lines without losing unlimited data?

Posted via Android Central App

If the two unlimited lines are eligible for upgrade, you cannot use those upgrades in any way, directly or transferred.

Of course, you can go through BBY Mobile's site to use the upgrades on those unl. lines and maintain the data. But I'm assuming you already understand that loophole.

raichur0xx0rz

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
Thats not correct. There is an entire thread dedicated to transferring upgrades and keeping UDP. I've done it as have many.

Start reading here. [Instruction] How to Keep Unlimited Data on Verizon - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com
Yes, you can transfer an upgrade from another line to upgrade an unlimited data line. But if you choose to transfer the upgrade that's for an UDP line to another line, that UDP will need to be changed to a current plan.

The thread you are referring to is telling people that have a UDP line to either add or use ANOTHER line's upgrade that you don't need UDP on, to get a phone for the UDP line.

Line A: UDP
Line B: Basic Phone with upgrade

Use Line B's upgrade to get a new phone for Line A.

Unless I'm horribly mistaken, you cannot do:

Line A: UDP Line with upgrade
Line B: UDP Line with upgrade
Line C: xxx Line
Line D: xxx Line

Line A transfer upgrade to Line C for a new phone and keep UDP.

The UDP will be removed if you try to upgrade the UDP line (unless of course you go through BBYMobile or there's another loophole/glitch on Verizon's end). Again, unless they changed it since... April, if you transfer an upgrade, the original line that the upgrade was for will be renewed at 2 Years.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, though. I just assumed that thread was for utilizing a Basic Phone line to upgrade an UDP line.

mbkintner

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
You can transfer an upgrade from an UDP line to a basic line (or tiered line) without losing UDP. Like I said, that thread is dedicated to doing exactly that. I just did it 3 weeks ago and so have many other people.

Cares

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
Yes, you can transfer an upgrade from another line to upgrade an unlimited data line. But if you choose to transfer the upgrade that's for an UDP line to another line, that UDP will need to be changed to a current plan.

The thread you are referring to is telling people that have a UDP line to either add or use ANOTHER line's upgrade that you don't need UDP on, to get a phone for the UDP line.

Line A: UDP
Line B: Basic Phone with upgrade

Use Line B's upgrade to get a new phone for Line A.

Unless I'm horribly mistaken, you cannot do:

Line A: UDP Line with upgrade
Line B: UDP Line with upgrade
Line C: xxx Line
Line D: xxx Line

Line A transfer upgrade to Line C for a new phone and keep UDP.

The UDP will be removed if you try to upgrade the UDP line (unless of course you go through BBYMobile or there's another loophole/glitch on Verizon's end). Again, unless they changed it since... April, if you transfer an upgrade, the original line that the upgrade was for will be renewed at 2 Years.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, though. I just assumed that thread was for utilizing a Basic Phone line to upgrade an UDP line.

You are wrong.

raichur0xx0rz

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
You can transfer an upgrade from an UDP line to a basic line (or tiered line) without losing UDP. Like I said, that thread is dedicated to doing exactly that. I just did it 3 weeks ago and so have many other people.

Thanks for the clarification. The thread is just too long to sift through and filter out the users to have transferred UDP upg's to Basic, and since the OP is so old, it doesn't provide any new information about it.

Lscman

May 3, 2014
Visit site
Sorry but this thread is confusing to me. I don't understand the term "tiered".

I have 3 lines:

Line #1 has with unlimited data and it is currently upgrade eligible.

Line #2 has a smart phone on it but it is not eligible for upgrade for almost 2 yrs. The line has a 3 gig data plan.

Line #3 has standard flip phone and no data plan and it is not eligible for upgrade for over a year.

Can I transfer the "upgrade" from my unlimited data line #1 to the line #2 (with 3 gig plan) without losing my unlimited data on line #1???

Thanks in advance.

cnotes2019

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
Tiered just means limited data such as 2g or 3gb etc. as opposed to unlimited data. Yes I believe you can transfer the UDP upgrade to line 2 since it's tiered and doesn't have an upgrade at this time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cootiesboy

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I also want to know the exact steps but I don't want to go through the long thread. So from my understandings, I have to transfer my upgrade from the unlimited line to a basic phone through Verizon's website and choose phone then choose a data for the basic line and wait for it to ship.

When the phone arrives (I think there's a new SIM card), I know I have to activate the phone on the basic line first but the question is, do I put in the new SIM card and not unlimited data one?

If the answer is the new SIM card, then the next step will be activating the new phone on the basic line. After that, I think I would wait a while, maybe the next day, and then transfer the new phone to the unlimited data line. But what happens to the new SIM card? Do I take it out before calling a rep or wait until he tells me to do it and then switch the new sim with my old sim?

Did I make any mistake? I want to get the g3 with this method.

mbkintner

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
No offense cootsieboy but announcing that you aren't willing to invest the time to read the threads already dedicated to this is unlikely to endear yourself to anyone.

We also don't need another thread covering the exact same information already covered in detail on existing threads.

Please take the time to read and move your questions where they belong.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae