Terabyte Club

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Do they allow you to add hotspot to a grandfathered unlimited data plan? I thought I read somewhere they'd take away UDP if it didn't already have hotspot?

Posted via Android Central App

Currently (or as of a month or two ago), you can still add hotspot to the unlimited plan. Hotspot doesn't affect UDP. You can do a mock change, to see what is affected though nothing should be.

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

diesteldorf

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Of course legal. Verizon's unlimited data has no restrictions for on device usage for 4GLTE devices

Dpham is paying the extra $30 for Unlimited 4G Mobile Hotspot. However, I've been using my 4G sim in my Nexus 7 since November, can use the native tethering feature as is, with no extra fee and that's 'legal' as well.

VZW Unlimited Data still beats any of the other carriers hands down. I don't care just about speed, but flexibility is even better.

dss2000

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
Dpham is paying the extra $30 for Unlimited 4G Mobile Hotspot. However, I've been using my 4G sim in my Nexus 7 since November, can use the native tethering feature as is, with no extra fee and that's 'legal' as well.

VZW Unlimited Data still beats any of the other carriers hands down. I don't care just about speed, but flexibility is even better.

My son puts his SIM in an iPad Air and can use it as a hotspot too and it works so it might be dependent on the device. FoxFi was working 1-2 weeks ago on my Note 3 but no longer.

HawaiiD

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Finally used over a terabyte in a month. How many of you have used a terabyte (at least 1000gb,or preferably 1024gb) in a month?

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/05/07/8agutahy.jpg

If you are not on Verizon , then please state the carrier.

How in the world do you do that?
It would take me 1 year to do that

Sent from my C6916 using Tapatalk

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
How in the world do you do that?
It would take me 1 year to do that

Not if you try. Dpham and I are trying this cycle to push it again :D.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

HawaiiD

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Not if you try. Dpham and I are trying this cycle to push it again :D.

Is Verizon total data used figure a combination of phone data and tethering?

metle_geek

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Correct. I am on Verizon's unlimited unthrottled 4GLTE plan with unlimited unthrottled 4GLTE hotspot. If you are on unlimited and plan to take full advantage of it then you need a 4GLTE smartphone.

At&t gets away with it I'm at almost 4 megs and I'm getting 540 kbps on fu lol signal LTE :(

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
At&t gets away with it I'm at almost 4 megs and I'm getting 540 kbps on fu lol signal LTE :(

Yeah Verizon honored their unlimited plan for those who had it before the change and don't do anything to slow them down or anything of that nature.

AT&T on the other hand does throttled after 5 GB on LTE phones. They did that to me when I had them ... I left to Sprint (BIG mistake)... Left Sprint to T-Mobile (awesome!) and enjoying it now.

metle_geek

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Yeah Verizon honored their unlimited plan for those who had it before the change and don't do anything to slow them down or anything of that nature.

AT&T on the other hand does throttled after 5 GB on LTE phones. They did that to me when I had them ... I left to Sprint (BIG mistake)... Left Sprint to T-Mobile (awesome!) and enjoying it now.

Yea I'm kind of forced to use my cellular data as my is is having some peculiarly odd issues with certain equipment that is making over 34 people's connection dead the ironic thing is they are the fiber optic back bone to the American tower location that has verizon and at&t customers for my area in fact it's not even a mile from my house I can stand in my front door and see it over some tree tops

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Well I used a TB on T-Mobile. No slow down.. Nothing. Also did it without tether :).

Attachments

• 1400777964991.jpg
    1400777964991.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 97

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Well I used a TB on T-Mobile. No slow down.. Nothing. Also did it without tether :).

Nice! Are you going to go for 2tb?

vegasdroid

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site

I would love, to see someone reach 2tb. I wish, I still had unlimited data. I would probably, be right up there with you guys, in the terabyte club.

Sent from my DROID MAXX!!!!

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I would love, to see someone reach 2tb. I wish, I still had unlimited data. I would probably, be right up there with you guys, in the terabyte club.

Sent from my DROID MAXX!!!!

9u9e5apu.jpg

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Na. I have to download everything to my phone so I'm done. Just wanted to join the club ;).

Back to normal usage now (40-80 GB a month or so).