Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Prepaid Recommendations

Old linux hack here, and unfortunately stuck with Verizon. I've been caught in the manufacturer i.e. Lenovo/Motorola and Verizon circle trying to find the right solution that fits Verizon's Prepaid plan, but yet is unlocked and can eventually run Cyanomodgen.

What would be your recommendation(s) i.e. phone and way to purchase? Any success stories out there, particularly with someone just stepping into Android?

Default Re: Prepaid Recommendations

my old sgh-i437 galaxy express was pretty cheap, prepaid AT&T 4G from walmart lol. its easy to root and rom, and it is actually good after flashing the CM11 KK nightly ROM. even enough to play high quality race games with the dual core 1.5ghz cpu. it was my first android I messed around with, and all my friends s4, note 2, s3 all running so slow compared to my cheapie prepay phone haha. now I got the Note 3 running CyanogenMod 11 kit kat. Im not getting a new phone until the GS6 w/ exynos6 cpu comes out next spring, cant wait
    Ry

Global Posts
    8,743 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ne_stew View Post
    Old linux hack here, and unfortunately stuck with Verizon. I've been caught in the manufacturer i.e. Lenovo/Motorola and Verizon circle trying to find the right solution that fits Verizon's Prepaid plan, but yet is unlocked and can eventually run Cyanomodgen.

What would be your recommendation(s) i.e. phone and way to purchase? Any success stories out there, particularly with someone just stepping into Android?
    Not sure how locked down the Verizon Moto G is.
    Android Central Moderator

Motorola Moto X (212.55.26.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Motorola Moto G (210.12.41.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (LRX21P, Lollipop 5.0)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Yep, been eyeing the G to start with. I see it's in Verizon's development community and at prepaid retail, anyone ever use their dev site (forums tell it all...)?

Devices