Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default HTC M8 and NOTE 3

    To those who know SIM cards... does the note 3 and HTC m8 have the same SIM card... i just want to switch the cards out and be good to go.

    Posted via Android Central App
  2. #2  
    Golfdriver97's Avatar

    Posts
    30,061 Posts
    Global Posts
    30,552 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Pure Nexus/Franco Kernel

    Default Re: HTC M8 and NOTE 3

    Quote Originally Posted by Ragan Evans View Post
    To those who know SIM cards... does the note 3 and HTC m8 have the same SIM card... i just want to switch the cards out and be good to go.

    Posted via Android Central App
    I am pretty sure they are different sizes.
  3. #3  
    jweimn's Avatar

    Posts
    368 Posts
    Global Posts
    388 Global Posts

    Default Re: HTC M8 and NOTE 3

    Quote Originally Posted by Ragan Evans View Post
    To those who know SIM cards... does the note 3 and HTC m8 have the same SIM card... i just want to switch the cards out and be good to go.

    Posted via Android Central App
    Different sizes. Note 3 uses a micro and the M8 uses a nano sim

    Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
  4. #4  
    brandonx1000's Avatar
    rule the air.

    Posts
    952 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,312 Global Posts

    Default Re: HTC M8 and NOTE 3

    this is true, i swap between a G2 and HTC One M8...i just use VZW.com and reactivate the other SIM when i want to swap
  5. #5  

    Default Re: HTC M8 and NOTE 3

    So much for the theory it would be easy to switch phones, just put SIM card in and go, why did Verizon allow different sizes on SIM cards?

    Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk
  6. #6  

    Default Re: HTC M8 and NOTE 3

    I've heard about being able to this, can you explain to us how to do this.. through the mobile app or actual website.

    Posted via Android Central App
  7. #7  

    Default Re: HTC M8 and NOTE 3

    Quote Originally Posted by trucksmoveamerica#AC View Post
    So much for the theory it would be easy to switch phones, just put SIM card in and go, why did Verizon allow different sizes on SIM cards?

    Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk
    Probably for the same kind of reason that you can't use the same charger in different phones and on and on and on. It is nothing more than a ploy to get more of your money! But at least they're starting to get more uniform with the chargers.

    Deb from my Note 3
  8. #8  

    Default Re: HTC M8 and NOTE 3

    Quote Originally Posted by trucksmoveamerica#AC View Post
    So much for the theory it would be easy to switch phones, just put SIM card in and go, why did Verizon allow different sizes on SIM cards?

    Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk
    Manufacturers chose the sim card size. Verizon has some say but very marginal with Apple. So they had to have a nano sim for Apple anyway so other phones using it isn't really an issue for verizon

    dpham00, Android Central Moderator
    Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3
  9. #9  

    Default Re: HTC M8 and NOTE 3

    Quote Originally Posted by ShaggyKids View Post
    Probably for the same kind of reason that you can't use the same charger in different phones and on and on and on. It is nothing more than a ploy to get more of your money! But at least they're starting to get more uniform with the chargers.

    Deb from my Note 3
    Sure you can, virtually all Android are micro usb

    dpham00, Android Central Moderator
    Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3
  10. #10  
    brandonx1000's Avatar
    rule the air.

    Posts
    952 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,312 Global Posts

    Default Re: HTC M8 and NOTE 3

    go VZW.com and log in, on the left hand side it will say "Activate or Switch Device"...it will ask for the MEID and the SIM serial...both found under the Settings menu. Takes less than 5 minutes

    Quote Originally Posted by alxarambula View Post
    I've heard about being able to this, can you explain to us how to do this.. through the mobile app or actual website.

    Posted via Android Central App
  11. #11  

    Default Re: HTC M8 and NOTE 3

    It isn't required though, a simple sim switch should work, provided that they use the same size. You can also cut or use adapter if desired

    dpham00, Android Central Moderator
    Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Similar Threads

  1. HTC One M8 - LTE Bands
    By farris_ashraf in forum HTC One M8
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-02-2015, 11:49 AM
  2. Now, I have something to go with my Note 3
    By JellyBeanGurl in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 05-18-2014, 06:18 PM
  3. Is my M8 dead?
    By jd78 in forum HTC One M8
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-09-2014, 08:13 PM
  4. HTC M8 and Note 3 Verizon SIM
    By Ragan Evans in forum HTC One M8
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-09-2014, 03:43 PM
  5. Random error on my Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    By enduser2941 in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Rooting, ROMs, & Hacks
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-08-2014, 08:55 PM

Posting Permissions