time to upgrade?

robocp4

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
So its that time of year again to upgrade my phone. I have the Droid Razr Maxx HD and it has been giving me some problems like overheating and a diminishing battery. Anyways I was origiannly looking at the Droid Ultra but they have discontinued it so then i was directed to the Maxx. The problem is that it only has 16gb and NO memory card.

My question is this..... How is the Samsung Galaxy s5 compared to the droid series and how is the battery on the s5?

Im lost and with my phone overheating alot I need to upgrade soon.

japetty

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
So its that time of year again to upgrade my phone. I have the Droid Razr Maxx HD and it has been giving me some problems like overheating and a diminishing battery. Anyways I was origiannly looking at the Droid Ultra but they have discontinued it so then i was directed to the Maxx. The problem is that it only has 16gb and NO memory card.

My question is this..... How is the Samsung Galaxy s5 compared to the droid series and how is the battery on the s5?

Im lost and with my phone overheating alot I need to upgrade soon.

I have the S4 and waiting on the S5 32 gb internal memory phone to be released on VZW. I had to wait on the S4 32 gb internal memory. I have read a few complaints about the battery life of the S5 but I have also heard the S5 had good battery life. I heard the same thing when I was waiting on the S4 about the battery life of the S4. My battery life is good. Moderate use I get 1 1/2 days to 2 days but I have done a few things to conserve batter life and I live in an area where there is good 4G and travel where there is good 4G which helps battery life. The android system on the S5 is KitKat 4.4.2 and this limits the use of the SD card somewhat. So take a look at that before you buy the S5 with only 16 gb internal storage thinking you can just add the SD extra storage and then find out it won't work the way you want it to work. Google did this because of security issues with the SD file system. My feeling on storage is if Google don't want to let us use SD storage the way we want to use it then require all manufacturers of android phones place 64 gb of storage minimum in the phones. I would like 128gb myself. I don't like to use the cloud either costs money. Good luck deciding on your next phone.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
You can get an android with 128gb internal memory if desired.

I don't think 64gb minimum is practical because of the cost. Most people don't need that much

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz