Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Diminished service since update to 4.4.2

I have noticed a serious change in service since my DNA updated to 4.4.2. I don't understand this, and was wondering if any one else had noticed such an issue.
    ~Katie~

Default Re: Diminished service since update to 4.4.2

Can you elaborate? Are you having troubles making calls? Sending texts? Decreased data connectivity or speeds?

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
    Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Default Re: Diminished service since update to 4.4.2

Are you experiencing slower speeds/dropped calls or is it just the signal bars reporting "lower" signal strength?

If it's the latter, then it's hard to say if you're really experiencing lower signal strength as those bars are not the most accurate way of determining the signal quality. You would need to go into your Phone Info in the settings to see the actual numeric value of the signal strength to get a better idea.

Also, I think you may have better support if you posted this question in the DNA Forums. I personally haven't upgraded my DNA's, so unfortunately I cannot say for sure if I have lower-than-normal signal.

EDIT: Here is a link to a thread in the DNA forums regarding some signal issues, post-4.4 OTA: LINK