Anyone on edge switch phones?

AZwldcats

May 20, 2010
Visit site
I am on a S5 but also have a Note3. Got the S5 thru Edge. Note 3 was full retail.

Anyone ever move the sim between phones? Wht if I switched back to Note3 and sold s5?

Think Big red would do anything?

Beyond Fire

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
I got my Note 3 through Edge and was supposed to send in my iPhone 5s to Verizon as part of the deal. That was over 2 months ago and I still have both phones. I switch back and forth between my 5s and Note 3. As far as being able to sell one of them I'm not sure. I still haven't heard anything from VZW regarding mailing in my 5s, but I also don't wanna risk selling it just for it to come up blacklisted or anything like that.

I am curious myself as if I would be able to sell one of the phones. I do think its complete BS that VZW wants you to send in a phone that was not acquired through Edge, especially if it was full retail.

irie

Oct 26, 2009
Visit site
Sending phone back only applies if the edge was processed before your existing contract ended. Basically they are trading your old phone in working condition to get Edge early. They will eventually cancel edge and add full amount to bill if they don't get the phone you agreed to trade in.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

irie

Oct 26, 2009
Visit site
As far as the OP's question. You can switch Sim to any phone without issues. Only issue you will have is if you wanted to edge up, you must trade in phone purchased on edge. There for if you sell S5 you will have to buy out edge agreement if you want to edge up to a new device.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

AZwldcats

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the replies.
I figured if I sold s5 I would have to buy out contract.
Really did it because I get the 25 discount for being on edge.

Posted via Android Central App

bkeaver

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
So just for clarification, if I pay off my phone that is on my edge plan completely off instead of opting to "edge up" I then get another phone on edge we can swap back and forth between phones whenever the urge hits me. Am I correct on this...

Mr. Toad

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
So just for clarification, if I pay off my phone that is on my edge plan completely off instead of opting to "edge up" I then get another phone on edge we can swap back and forth between phones whenever the urge hits me. Am I correct on this...
Yes, even on edge you can swap between phones that you already own. This is easy as just swapping the SIM card if it is the same size.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scout13fox